HR20-ALL / HR21-ALL / R22-ALL CE Release 7/3 0x0250

He has the HR20. by the way Hemi LOL! while i was struggling to stay awake for the CE you were partying. sweet :D
Yea, I know that, it wasn't the question, I wanted to know the manufacture code, either -100 or -700.

this has been my only complaint with d*. It is slowly getting better (no pun intended)... But not nearly fast enough.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.. D*, stop fussing around with mediashare and widgets in your ces. Improve the performance of your damn dvr first. You dont put chrome rims on a pinto! :rolleyes:

The folks over at e* dont get much done right... But the dvr they have mastered... Probably with half the resources d* has.

+1

Thanks for the welcome DFergie!

I had Dish pretty much since their first year and Directv for only a couple of weeks now. So some things I used daily with Dish's DVR (and Expressvu) that aren't available on the Directv DVR are jumping out at me. Directv needs a quicker user interface along with a few more basic features like being able to stretch/zoom a 4:3 HD source to full screen on a 16:9 set.

I'm also getting VERY slow remote responses. Sometimes a delay of 5-8 seconds at times which is pretty unacceptable IMHO. My wife have already given up trying to use the DVR out of the frustration. I noticed that after hooking up my OTA module, things started running slower. So I'm going to unhook it tomorrow to see what the difference really is at this point.

I'm also having problems when using the "Search for shows" feature. Most of the time it says "Searching for Programs" and just hangs there.

Last edited:
I'm also getting VERY slow remote responses. Sometimes a delay of 5-8 seconds at times which is pretty unacceptable IMHO. My wife have already given up trying to use the DVR out of the frustration. I noticed that after hooking up my OTA module, things started running slower. So I'm going to unhook it tomorrow to see what the difference really is at this point.

I'm also having problems when using the "Search for shows" feature. Most of the time it says "Searching for Programs" and just hangs there.

It sounds like you may have an issue with you DVR. Yes the interface is a little slow right now but having 5-8 second response time is way out of the norm from what I have experienced. I also have never had any issue with searching for programming. I would call Directv and let them know of the problems that you are having and see if they will send you our a new DVR to see if that will help address your issues.

The most for me is up to 5 seconds. from what i've read it's common among the HD DVR's . there is still some bugs left and i hope they fix it soon.

The most for me is up to 5 seconds. from what i've read it's common among the HD DVR's . there is still some bugs left and i hope they fix it soon.

I wonder if it is a HR21 issue. I have never seen these type of delays with both of my HR20's.

I wonder if it is a HR21 issue. I have never seen these type of delays with both of my HR20's.

it could be. however i think it's a software issue. the dvr itself looks really good. If my H21 can be lightning fast i'm sure they'll do the same for the HR21. compared to my E vip 622 the HR21 is really slow but it looks like to me anyways that the HR21 has the potential to be very close to the vip series. :up

Bug... set HR20- 700 to record Moon Machines as a series... had to set manual records to get all...

How many were there supposed to be, mine picked up a 8PM and 9PM (CDT) showing? What does your history say if anything about it?

2, it was going to skip the second one and I caught that... history just shows recorded. All the rest of this weeks recordings are set though...

That's really strange since both running the same code and same manufacture model.

I had 2 HR21's installed. The other one is in our bedroom and I have yet to use it. So I'll try using that one in my living room where it will get some use until I get the other one swapped out.

my hr21 didn't like too much this update so i went back to the national release. maybe something will come around this weekend.

my hr21 didn't like too much this update so i went back to the national release. maybe something will come around this weekend.

I hope you can give some feedback on this one?

They are close to this being a release for everyone, in which case your receiver would just get it back...

What was wrong?

Well after 4 days on the new CE, i'm impressed. Speedwise it still is not at E*'s 622/722. But it is getting close. onDemand seems to be quicker as well. No issues to report. Good job on this. Please continue to improve.

I hope you can give some feedback on this one?

They are close to this being a release for everyone, in which case your receiver would just get it back...

What was wrong?

I was going to ask the same thing but he did post a couple of problem he had in earlier posts.

Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, 0X251 is hitting the street today, got it forced down last night.

I was going to ask the same thing but he did post a couple of problem he had in earlier posts.

Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, 0X251 is hitting the street today, got it forced down last night.

if i didn't get it last night i'll force a download today and i'll post any problems i see. thanks guys for the help

if i didn't get it last night i'll force a download today and i'll post any problems i see. thanks guys for the help

Don't bother, unless D* has added your box to the list of boxes to receive forced updates forcing it yourself won't help. Normally they start rolling out on the east coast and work their way west.

Thanks Rad - just put the notes up for 251.

Not sure what they changed from 250 to 251, but I'm sure it was "stability" or something similiar :)

Anyway, who wants to take bets on whether we get a new CE starte Friday - or do we get a week off so they have time to get something big ready :D ???

Anyway, who wants to take bets on whether we get a new CE starte Friday - or do we get a week off so they have time to get something big ready :D ???

I bet that they do start a new CE cycle this weekend but nothing big is in it. That way I'm not disappointed when MRV isn't added for testing yet.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts