hr20 and external hard drive?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Toofastgtp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Is it possible to connect my 750 gig hard drive to the hr20 and transfer my stuff to that...reason why is my hr20 is starting to freeze up and is being replaced.

I believe the answer is yes, just not sure where i saw the answer, probably dbstalk, If the freeze up is not disk related it may be a lot easier to swap the internal drive from the old hr20 to the new one

Is it possible to connect my 750 gig hard drive to the hr20 and transfer my stuff to that...reason why is my hr20 is starting to freeze up and is being replaced.

You can't transfer existing programs, you have to start from scratch, but you can get a 750 gb esata hard drive for under 200 dollars. It's very easy to do.

I belive the external hard drive is tied to the individual HR-20. So you can't record shows on one HR-20 external hard drive and then move the external hard drive to another HR-20 and watch the shows.

I belive the external hard drive is tied to the individual HR-20. So you can't record shows on one HR-20 external hard drive and then move the external hard drive to another HR-20 and watch the shows.

This is true, no transfer from HD to HD and now transfer of eSATA drive from one machine to another. Watch them now!

Following up on this thread, is the key to moving an external drive from one DVR to another the Smart Card (or whatever it is called)? If that is the case, couldn't you move the card to another machine, thus allowing the external drive to be recognized? Frankly, this is a feature that DISH offers...and I'd love to have this feature on my 21-700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)