HR20 - Another early release tomorrow Friday(1/19) and Sat (1/20)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So far, this looks like the best firmware to date, and with the least reported problems. the next 24 hours or so will tell....if this will be the next national release coming out maybe some time next week.

Early indications are that this version (11b) is stable, fixes the majority of reported issues, and is faster in terms of the guide and menus.

My brief 2 hours of testing with it has not uncovered a single flaw. MPEG4 and MPEG2 recordings, old recording playbacks, Dolby audio, OTA channels, trickplays, are all solid. It's encouraging that with this release, the HR20 (now about 120 days old) is finally getting to be the HD DVR everyone hoped for to the mass DVR audience.

So far, this looks like the best firmware to date, and with the least reported problems. the next 24 hours or so will tell....if this will be the next national release coming out maybe some time next week.

Early indications are that this version (11b) is stable, fixes the majority of reported issues, and is faster in terms of the guide and menus.

My brief 2 hours of testing with it has not uncovered a single flaw. MPEG4 and MPEG2 recordings, old recording playbacks, Dolby audio, OTA channels, trickplays, are all solid. It's encouraging that with this release, the HR20 (now about 120 days old) is finally getting to be the HD DVR everyone hoped for to the mass DVR audience.

That's good news. It may be time to get one finally!

So, will this new version be pushed through nationally soon?

What is the latest version that we should have if we didn't force any of the new ones?

So, will this new version be pushed through nationally soon?

What is the latest version that we should have if we didn't force any of the new ones?

I think it is OX 10b currently if you have not forced any.

I would expect the update that we are running to go national in the next week or two, unless they decide to push another update out to us.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbos, that is the version I have I think. I'll wait for the new one. I'm not 'techy' enough to do the force.

Off topic, I see you are an OSU fan. What did you think of AJ Hawk's season with the Pack this year? I am a diehard Pack fan.

Thanks Jimbos, that is the version I have I think. I'll wait for the new one. I'm not 'techy' enough to do the force.

Off topic, I see you are an OSU fan. What did you think of AJ Hawk's season with the Pack this year? I am a diehard Pack fan.

I only got to see him a little, but from what I've read and seen reports on, the Packers are extremly happy with him.
As expected :)

Hey, maybe the Pack will take Troy Smith, I had not thought about that yet.....

Even if you wanted to force the update, you could not do it now, these updates are only available for a small window of time, this is definatly a Beta issue, once D* is happy with the results they will send it nationally and it will come to you over night.

Also,:welcome to the site

Jimbo

Last edited:
My HR20-700 was updated to 11b yesterday morning at 4:32AM. I did not request it so they must have sent it out to me. It seems to work OK but I was only having a few problems wqith 10b code.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slimline 5 LNB on an oval triple sat dish

Directv H20 - off air tuner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)