HR20 audio delays on pressing Play

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
On my HR20 if I pause something I have recorded and press Play to start it again, often the video starts and then the audio will eventually start a second or two later. This is also true if I start watching a new recording from scratch.

I have almost gotten to the point where instead of pressing Play to start playing again, I press the "back up a few seconds button" instead.

Anyone else seeing this?

Which version of HR20? The -100 or -700. And are you participating in the Living on the Edge releases? MPEG4 recordings or SD ones? I get delay on my MPEG4 ones especially NESN HD. MPEG2 and SD seem fine.

It's probably your A/V receiver or TV getting sync on the DD 5.1 audio bitstream. Most A/V receivers will mute the sound until they get sync. Those that don't, often generate a screech or a loud click so that would be worse!

HR20-700. I don't have the living edge software, just what comes down. I'm pretty sure I have seen this on SD and also OTA HD recordings, but I'll take closer look next time.

It could be the A/V receiver (Onkyo TX-SR674) as I just bought it a few months ago and it definitely acts differently than my previous one. This is the first receiver I have run video into and it's kind of irritating when switching between video inputs that I get a no signal for a second before the audio & video come up. It even happens when switching between different video resolutions on the same DVR. I'm seriously thinking about going back to the old way and just running audio through the receiver.

I'm getting a second HR20 tomorrow so I'll see if that one has the same issue. If so, then it has to be the A/V receiver. But glad to hear someone else has seen this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.