HR20 captioning problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lou_82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Hi all, new to the forum. I just had my Samsung LNT-4066F HDTV installed and direcTV came and installed the HR20 HDTV box for me yesterday. One thing I am now noticing on this box is that captioning does not work on my TV. When click on the captioning button on my TVs remote it says option unavailable. I believe this is an issue with the HR20 box because #1 I had this issue with one of their older boxes on another standard TV in my house using the SVideo cable. The captions didnt work and #2 I temporarily had an older non-HDTV box from directv connected to my HDTV nad the captions were working fine.

The HR20 is connected to my TV via HDMI, i tried the component cables and the captions still did not work.

Is there a compatability issue with the HR20s and some TVs? If so is there fix or one on the horizon?

Im hard of hearing so i really rely on the captioning when watching movies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also, it can be a matter of trial and error for the CC. The HR20 offers something like 3 or 4 varieties of CC. So you will need to try CC1, then CC2, and so on til you find one that works with your TV and the signal coming in. Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies. I didnt think to try and adjust teh CC on the HR20. Ill try it tonight and hopefully it works. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)