HR20-700: CE07163
Version: 0x16?

NOTE: This is for the HR20-700 Only;
The HR20-100 is not part of this CE

Window of opportunity to download:
Tuesday; June 12, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Wednesday: June 13, 2007 11PM -2:30AM ET

Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 40% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

While you are waiting for the Window to open:
-) MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE "explanation" thread... DBSTalk.Com
-) How To Download

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
DBSTalk.Com -

Risk Factor For This Release: Moderate
With the new feature addition in this release, some major segments of code were updated. This CE poses a higher risk then previous CE... only download and install is you understand and accept the risk.

The Contents of the Release:

What this CE contains: (with relation to last National Release 0x166)
Items from 0x16?

Improved

* Update Media Bridge (Formerly know as ViiV) GUI Screens

Updated

* N/A

New feature(s)

* N/A

Notes

* Currently this is all the information I have about this CE, as I learn more, I will update the announcement
* This update to the Media Bridge GUI is just the GUI, this update does NOT include any new features (such as Video playback or other audio formats)

Thanks to Cutting Edger's
Your help and dedication is what has gotten the HR20 to this point, and what will help it get to the next level

Dont forget, CE tonight at 11 PM EST. As far as I know its still a go. Looking forward to the new Media Bridge GUI.

Also, national release of the new White GUI is spooling. That is good news for HR20-100 users. Stay tuned.

Dont forget, CE tonight at 11 PM EST. As far as I know its still a go. Looking forward to the new Media Bridge GUI.

Also, national release of the new White GUI is spooling. That is good news for HR20-100 users. Stay tuned.

Why is this good news for the HR20-100 users ? this CE doesn't include them , does it ?

I would love to see a CE for the -100, although, I have to admit, the -100 has run flawlessly since I got it, I would like the white gui !!!

Jimbo

CE is canceled this week due to test results that did not pass. Stay tuned for the next CE.

Thats OK, they will make some adjustments and send another one shortly, possibly by the w/e if all goes well.

This also means I can go to bed earlier tonight than normal if I choose too.

Jimbo

I was actually staying up to get this one.

While I can get pictures from my computer to my HR20, I still have yet to get music from it. When I click on Music on the HR20 it just sits there.

I dont know if its because I have 3,000 songs or if I dont have something in Windows Media 11 setup correctly. I havent tried it on the XBOX 360 yet to see if I got the music shared correctly.

Why is this good news for the HR20-100 users ? this CE doesn't include them , does it ?

I would love to see a CE for the -100, although, I have to admit, the -100 has run flawlessly since I got it, I would like the white gui !!!

Jimbo

It looks like a national release is spooling for the HR20-100. Sorry for the confusion. It has nothing to do with the CE release for the HR20-700.

I was actually staying up to get this one.

While I can get pictures from my computer to my HR20, I still have yet to get music from it. When I click on Music on the HR20 it just sits there.

I dont know if its because I have 3,000 songs or if I dont have something in Windows Media 11 setup correctly. I havent tried it on the XBOX 360 yet to see if I got the music shared correctly.

Its probably permission based. I have 12,000 and it works fine. Are you using Vista or XP? Music through the Xbox 360 is definately easier and faster. Its just very convenient to call up some tunes when watching a Red Sox game on the HR20.

I am not on a Vista machine right now but I will post directions tomorrow. The issue is problably on the Vista machine in relation to permission on the detected media box (HR20).

Well Dang it all....It might be a good idea for everyone to learn how to interrupt
a D/L such as this one.....I have learned(too late) that if you RBR a d/l before it
is 90 percent complete, you will revert back to the version that was there before.
I left the room and let it download, and now it's back to the National release
(O15C) with it's lip sync problems and worst of all...the GUI is back to being blue..
white one gone....

Both the announcement thread on DBStalk and the chat room showed the CE to be canceled, when I checked the thread and logged in to the chat room at 10:30 PM EST.

Since the download was not supposed to be started until 11:00 PM EST and you are directed to login to the chat room before starting the download, why did you still attempt to download it?

I also made the announcement here at sat guys around 9:50ish PM. So anyone interested in doing this its a good idea to check here or at DBSTalk BEFORE you download. I betcha Moonman checks next time. ;)

I also made the announcement here at sat guys around 9:50ish PM. So anyone interested in doing this its a good idea to check here or at DBSTalk BEFORE you download. I betcha Moonman checks next time. ;)
------------------------
Yup!!!....:eek: :eek: ..You know there are some with a slingbox in use to get the CE's..
and others who just don't have access to a computer especially that shortly before the event.... Truth is I did see that an older version was downloading,
but was afraid of the Microsoft(type) interupt causing untold troubles:rolleyes:
so I just let it finish...(Hope a new CE comes soon...Miss my white GUI!)
Moonman

I have an HR20-100 and I much prefer the new GUI on the HR20-700. Its interesting comparing the 2 side by side. And the HR20-700 with the new CE is more stable. Imagine that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts