HR20 Channel entries randomely ignored

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dracula

Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I have two HR20s with the latest software and on both I sometimes have to enter a new channel number two or even three times before it switches to that channel. I see the digits entered on the screen but they are being thrown out or ignored. By the way, I do not use the Enter. I just type the digits and wait.

Has anybody else seen this?

This is not a function of the new software because I saw this before the upgrade.

I have two HR20s with the latest software and on both I sometimes have to enter a new channel number two or even three times before it switches to that channel. I see the digits entered on the screen but they are being thrown out or ignored. By the way, I do not use the Enter. I just type the digits and wait.

Has anybody else seen this?

This is not a function of the new software because I saw this before the upgrade.

What do you show as the latest software ?
I no longer have to press the enter button as of the last CE update.

Jimbo

The problem was tracked down to a conflict with the banner going away if you set it to a short time. This was fixed in the latest CE version so if you don't do the CEs you'll get it in the next national release, perhaps in a month or so.

The problem was tracked down to a conflict with the banner going away if you set it to a short time. This was fixed in the latest CE version so if you don't do the CEs you'll get it in the next national release, perhaps in a month or so.

Bonscott,
Was this also adressed for the -100 as well ?

Jimbo

I have the HR20-100 and I have my banner set to go away after two seconds and I've been having this issue after the last CE version came out. I'll set it back to four seconds and see if the problem goes away.

I have the HR20-100 and I have my banner set to go away after two seconds and I've been having this issue after the last CE version came out. I'll set it back to four seconds and see if the problem goes away.

My banner time is set to 2 sec also. I will set it to 3 or 4 sec and see if the problem goes away.

What is a CE? I have had a Tivo for many years and knew how to look up software version and initiate a manual call. How do you do that with the HR20?

In addition, I have seen a list of functions that are similar to the Tivo but have not been able to get all of them to work.

SLOW playback = hold PLAY down - does not work for me
Season Pass = REC and REC - does not work for me

I am using an MX800 with learned remote commands but I don't think this should be an issue.

Bonscott,
Was this also adressed for the -100 as well ?

Jimbo

Certainly. The -100 model doesn't usually get a CE as there just aren't that many of them out there vs. the -700. But the -100 has gotten a couple CE's.

Basically once this latest CE cycle is done and goes national, both -100 and -700 will get the update that fixes this.

What is a CE?

It's the public beta test program DirecTV runs, mostly in concert with DBSTalk but also here. There should be some threads up above in this forum about them. Basicaly, if you are willing to test and willing to take the chance your receiver may become a non functioning brick, then you can download the test versions when they are available. Otherwise you can let us do the testing work and you'll get the results in a national release to everyone every month or two.

SLOW playback = hold PLAY down - does not work for me
Season Pass = REC and REC - does not work for me

I am using an MX800 with learned remote commands but I don't think this should be an issue.

You can't do the "hold for 3 sec" commands easily with the universal remotes as it sends a different signal. It should work with the original remote. If you go to remotecentral I believe they have codes that you can use for the hold for 3 sec functions.

As for season passes, no idea. Record twice works every time. However it only works on shows that are actual series. For a test, pull up the guide to Court TV or something and find Cops and hit record twice. You should see the icon for a series link and it should appear in your prioritizer. Note that he To Do list will only list the episode you set the series link on, the rest of the episodes will fill in within the next few hours (assuming they qualify based on your settings...first run only, repeats, etc.)

It's the public beta test program DirecTV runs, mostly in concert with DBSTalk but also here. There should be some threads up above in this forum about them. Basicaly, if you are willing to test and willing to take the chance your receiver may become a non functioning brick, then you can download the test versions when they are available. Otherwise you can let us do the testing work and you'll get the results in a national release to everyone every month or two.

You can't do the "hold for 3 sec" commands easily with the universal remotes as it sends a different signal. It should work with the original remote. If you go to remotecentral I believe they have codes that you can use for the hold for 3 sec functions.

As for season passes, no idea. Record twice works every time. However it only works on shows that are actual series. For a test, pull up the guide to Court TV or something and find Cops and hit record twice. You should see the icon for a series link and it should appear in your prioritizer. Note that he To Do list will only list the episode you set the series link on, the rest of the episodes will fill in within the next few hours (assuming they qualify based on your settings...first run only, repeats, etc.)

I press the double record while watching an episode of a series. I did not try it with the Guide open. Is that the difference?

I press the double record while watching an episode of a series. I did not try it with the Guide open. Is that the difference?

I'd say so. You need to be in the guide or in the search screen. As far as I know and your experience sounds like it's the case.

Yes, you are correct that does not work. You can only do it thru the guide.

And Bonscott is right on the mark with his comment about universal remotes. If you hold the key down on most (all?) universal remotes, only one code is sent, so any function that requires a "press and hold" won't work. On my Pronto I have had to create separate buttons for the "press and hold" functions, using the begin and continue codes you can create using a workaround described at remotecentral.
For many people, especially using RF, the "press and hold" functions are unreliable anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)