HR20.. Do I HAVE to wait for the Installer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
I finally got the word from D* that they have a HR20 for me, but the next available slot for an installer to come out is 1/20. I already have the 5LNB dish installed and working with my H20, I just need another line to be routed from the dish so the second tuner will work.. Will D* just send me the HR20 and let me use it with 1 tuner until the 20th, or does the installer have to bring it?

Thanks,
Dan

No they won't, I tried hard to get them to do it. Try calling the installation company that will do the job, sometimes they can give you an earlier date.

I called D* and tried to explain to them that I already have the 5LNB dish and that I would be willing to do without recording two shows at once for the next 3 weeks, but they insisted that I would not be able to hook it up myself. I guess I have to wait until the 20th. I suppose by then there will be a better DVR out that I will need to get on a wait list for :rolleyes:

By the way, this might be common knowledge, but I was able to get $100 off the cost of the HR20 by complaining to customer retention about the fact that we have to pay $299 and we don't even get to own the box (seems to me if we really were leasing it, we wouldn't have to put down 75% of what the box is worth).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)