HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 CE Release 8/22

No real issues with this CE, except that sound volume seems lower. I have not noticed an increase in remote or guide response. I am using an HR21.

Just tested 1080P. I have a HR21-200 connected via HDMI to a Sony SXRD KDS-R60XBR2 1080P capable television. When I try to play the Bucket List, the television has a message that indicated a problem with incompatible audio output and to check the output device. At this point HR21 locks up and the only way to get is started is by pushing the red button.

I may have an issue...HR21-100 here with this CE. Added an AM-21 and entered my zip. Receiver searches and searches for my locals market and then locks up after 5 minutes. Had to red button reset. After third reset it finally worked and found my market without locking up.

I got the A21 today for my Over-the-Air antenna and my HR21 since I can't get locals. It setup and worked great. Somehow a much better signal/picture than without the A21. However (and I'm posting here in case it was due to this CE release), when I flipped to my local NBC channel which is in HD, my HR21 popped up a message stating that this was available in 1080p and did I want to switch to Native mode. So, I did! The 720p and 1080i both lit up on the receiver as I had heard happened on the HR20, but then the system locked up. A minute later the picture came back on screen with a major pink overlay on the screen but the audio was gone and all control was lost. I left home to pick my wife up from work and returned 20 mins later to find that the audio was still out and the menus were still locked up. No buttons on the remote or the box worked (even changing channels). I had to do a "red button" reset to get the machine back to normal.

I got the A21 today for my Over-the-Air antenna and my HR21 since I can't get locals. It setup and worked great. Somehow a much better signal/picture than without the A21. However (and I'm posting here in case it was due to this CE release), when I flipped to my local NBC channel which is in HD, my HR21 popped up a message stating that this was available in 1080p and did I want to switch to Native mode. So, I did! The 720p and 1080i both lit up on the receiver as I had heard happened on the HR20, but then the system locked up. A minute later the picture came back on screen with a major pink overlay on the screen but the audio was gone and all control was lost. I left home to pick my wife up from work and returned 20 mins later to find that the audio was still out and the menus were still locked up. No buttons on the remote or the box worked (even changing channels). I had to do a "red button" reset to get the machine back to normal.

did you feel a difference in responsiveness after you added the am21?

did you feel a difference in responsiveness after you added the am21?

Well, not when it's *not* in native made. It seemed fine last night after restarting the machine out of native mode.

However, the delay from pushing a button on the remote to getting a reaction on the system seems to have slowed down and it was already slower than any system I had ever used. I would really love for that to be corrected!

since i'm still on this ce because i missed last weeks "thank god" i wanted to add that while watching a recording if you press the button to bring out the widgets the screen goes black but you still hear the sound. after you hide the widgets you cans see the video again. weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts