Systems in CE:15:04
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro R22-100 • R22-200

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, August 15, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, August 16, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE Release Warnings & Agreement

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE Release Download Instructions

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

The Contents of this CE Download: (Differences based on last National Release)
  • Items from CE:15:01 - High Risk
  • Items from CE:15:02- High Risk
  • Items from CE:15:03- High Risk
  • Items from CE:15:04- High Risk

Improved
  • 01 - Under the hood improvements
  • 01 - New Factory Default is to Hide SD Duplicates
  • 01 - Prioritizer Screen updated
  • 01 - Recording tip display from the prioritizer
  • 01 - Added HD Icon to DIRECTV on Demand Queue
  • 01 - Support for Tversity Internet Radio
  • 01 - Closed Captioning
  • 02 - Interactive reliability
  • 02 - reliability when repeating guide setup multiple times
  • 02 - Fixed stuck yellow light after Reset Everything
  • 02 - Removed "Cancel PPV" option when purchased after free preview
  • 02 - closed captioning timing
  • 03 - Various UPnP devices crashing the box
  • 03 - Wireless Adapter – added characters /()~!# to triple tap
  • 04 - Guide scrolling speed
  • 04 - Channel banner surfing speed
  • 04 - Moved Miscellaneous Options under Parental, Fav’s & Setup so there is no need to use Menu+Info to send diagnostic report. :) (CE'ers only)
  • 04 - Mediashare - Display error codes in “unable to access” OSD (CE'ers only)

Updated
  • 01 - XM Programs from XM Channels are no longer auto-recorded
  • 01 - Screen saver removed after tuning away from an XM channel
  • 02 - (HR20) video issues on REW x1
  • 02 - (HR21) AC audio levels in certain situations
  • 02 - (MediaShare) Fixed "Unable to Play" message
  • 02 - (DoD) Left Arrow from "all" now works as expected
  • 02 - (DIRECTV2PC) Fixed hang on certain trick plays
  • 03 - UI becoming "sluggish"
  • 03 - Black screen or wrong video after exiting Signal Meter
  • 03 - iTV - Application not restarting when FFWD back to live TV
  • 03 - XM - screen saver displaying complete title of TV-MA program even after parental controls are set to block TV-MA
  • 03 - XM - screen saver displaying information for the previous channel
  • 03 - XM - background lost after reading fortune
  • 03 - Media Share – FFWD and RW not rotating LEDs as it does for recordings/live buffer
  • 04 - R22 – Enabled TV Aspect Ratio screen
  • 04 - Mediashare – Dismiss “channel not purchased” OSD when watching video or photos
  • 04 - Mediashare Tversity – Unable to play single audio or video, but plays ok when using “Play All”

New feature(s)
  • 01 - Toggle between two recordings with the {PREV} button
  • 01 - Enable DIRECTV2PC (formerly known as Media Share PC)
  • 01 - Enable POKEEYENOW
  • 01 - Song Title on screen-saver (XM Channels)
  • 01 - Channels not subscribed are different color in grid
  • 01 - Support for Cisco Wireless Bridge (WGA600N) - plugs into Ethernet port
  • 01 - POST (Power on Self-Test) of hardware at boot up
  • 03 - Auto Extension – when there is no recording conflict generated by adding additional time and no manually set extensions, the DVR will record 10 seconds before the start time and 2 minutes after the end time of the originally scheduled program. Back to back recordings on one tuner will Auto Extend.

Notes
  • 01 - POST runs twice if new firmware detected
  • 01 - VERY IMPORTANT - DO NOT add an uninitialized eSATA drive as part of this release. This will erase the internal drive and interfere with booting. If you already have an eSATA configured, it should not have issues (but be aware that you might).
  • 03 - Super Skip to Tick
    Do a Keyword search (all) to turn Skip-to-Tick on or off:

On: SUPERSKIPTOTICK
    Off: SUPERSKIPTOTICKOFF

When on, {<<} followed by {REPLAY} will jump to the previous tick mark (no press & hold) and {>>} followed by {ADVANCE} will jump to the next tick mark .. WooHoo!​
  • Playing a currently downloading DIRECTV On Demand program from the info screen does not play until the download finishes. It will play directly from My Playlist by just pressing the “play” key.

High Risk Download
Reverting back to National will delete all recordings made with this version of code.
Apologies in advance to anyone who bails out to national code.

High Risk Download
Reverting back to National will delete all recordings made with this version of code. Apologies in advance to anyone who bails out to national code.

As much as I love living on the Edge, I think I'll wait until this CE release is out of High Risk to consider trying it...

Have a great weekend...

It was that way last week too. It is related to the padding time feature, where recrodings automatically will go longer. If you g back to the national software, the box doens't recognize what to do with the recordings that had that feature removed, and they're deleted.

Anything from before the CE download would be ok.

1st thing i noticed is that you no longer need to press menu and info at the same time at the front panel because now when you press menu from your remote a option for misc. shows up.

When will we be out of this down go back to National Release pattern? Sooner or later something is going to happen and I'm going to need to go back to Nat Release.

I have always wondered this.... How many software downloads does it take to break the chip or the hard drive before it just doesnt want to take one. Its kind of like the same question of how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? I have always wondered. :)

the box is responding faster than before. let's hope it stays that way. sending report

Jason,
How many people have actually been forced to go back to the "NR" and lost recordings ?

I think people, are worrying too much about this ...

Remember, ALL your RECORDING should be considered only temperary, or you should move them to another medium if you need to keep them, at ANY time the REC or HD could have trouble and you would lose ALL of your recordings when you put your E HD in the NEW rec. as it will at that point reformat the drive.

Your recordings are not guarrented, IF you have doubts about recording shows with this software, don't do the CE.
You can always jump back in at a later date.

Jimbo

downloaded last night and definitely see a vast improvement on all speed elements of the guide/menu. No issues with any existing settings. The added buffer time at the end of show threw me off on my first recording this morning...I always expect the Keep/Delete to pop up as the credit begin on a HGTV show, and it just kept going. Then I remembered. Kind of a late night with Olympics and all so my brain wasn't functioning all that well. :)

Jason,
How many people have actually been forced to go back to the "NR" and lost recordings ?

I think people, are worrying too much about this ...

Remember, ALL your RECORDING should be considered only temperary, or you should move them to another medium if you need to keep them, at ANY time the REC or HD could have trouble and you would lose ALL of your recordings when you put your E HD in the NEW rec. as it will at that point reformat the drive.

Your recordings are not guarrented, IF you have doubts about recording shows with this software, don't do the CE.
You can always jump back in at a later date.

Jimbo

Well, nobody likes to lose recordings, although it is always possible.

This release is unusual in that the change to add padding before and after the program would not allow recordings to work if one went back to an old version.

When this is rolled nationally, that won't matter.

I think it is good that D* spells it out for us, when there is risk. Also, the adding of an esata drive would erase the internal drive. Unusual that someone would add an esata then go back to the internal, but it could happen.

I have a very weird issue.

I dowloaded on 3 boxes, all HR20-700. 2 of the 3 had the favorites list deleted upon download/reboot. The only channel left in the custom list was 25, WEYI, my HD LiL NBC. This is the station both boxes were tuned to when executing the download (olympics).
All other stations are gone from the favorites list.

Very unusual (and annoying).

Just noticed something new on the Setup menu, under system setup is Miscellaneous Option.

Inside is 3 things previously requiring keyword search to access:

Playlist Ordering
VOD Enabling (which is enabled on most any box now)
and Send Report (the diagnostic report to send to D* software development team when reporting any isses).

Just noticed something new on the Setup menu, under system setup is Miscellaneous Option.

Inside is 3 things previously requiring keyword search to access:

Playlist Ordering
VOD Enabling (which is enabled on most any box now)
and Send Report (the diagnostic report to send to D* software development team when reporting any isses).

That was mentioned in the release notes:

04 - Moved Miscellaneous Options under Parental, Fav’s & Setup so there is no need to use Menu+Info to send diagnostic report. (CE'ers only)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)