HR20 / HR21 / R22 CE Release 8/15 0x0269

I still cannot use RECENT SEARCH in the past 3 releases of CE yet if I revert back to National Release RECENT SEARCH works fine.

How do I go about reporting this to D?

Download went fine last night. Woke up this morning and turned the tv on and everything was in a reverse negative look. Menus, and picture...Performed an RBR fixed the problem.

Download went fine...two things I have noticed...when you change channels, a blue screen (like the menu screen) shows up....and when I download a VOD, I can't watch it right away...

I have noticed somethig that seems to have been fixed with the video from 2 CE's ago (skipped last week's CE)...when pausing a program (live or recorded) and then un-pausing, the audio was fine, but the video would skip like every other frame. So it kind of looked like things were moving not quite as fast as a single FF but were kind of stuttering a little. This week's CE took care of that. :up

Oh, and one other thing, when I sent in a diagnostic report, it didn't provide a "key" for me. Is the location of this key moved?

I've done two today on a HR21 and in the same place for me. Someone did mention that they did a report, went away for a while and when they came back the screen had gone back to the channel it was on before.

On my HR21-200, this release experienced a glitch today. My wife was watching a program when suddenly the screen-saver appeared. She pressed play and continued watching the program when again, the screen-saver appeared during viewing the program. She turned off the DVR and TV and turned them on again, and has not experienced the issue since.

Apart from that, the faster guide and auto-padding are welcome additions.

Additionally, I REALLY could use an updated list of new features and instructions for using them. There's been so much new functionality since February. . .I have no idea how to access all of them without scouring the forum (don't have time for that).

Found another glitch. During playback, when fast-forwarding, the timescale showing where you are in the course of the show isn't there. Instead, the "Please wait" bar appears. So, you can't see how far into a show you are. Also, when reaching the end of a recorded show, when the screen appears asking you whether to delete the program, the choices are almost completely covered up by the "Please wait" bar.

Last question: For SUPERSKIPTOTICK, what is a tick? I assumed it was a way to approximate commercial skip, but in replaying the unwatched portion of a Nascar race I recorded Sunday, it seemed like it broke the remaining time into portions and just jumped to the next portion. Is that how the function is supposed to work?

Last question: For SUPERSKIPTOTICK, what is a tick? I assumed it was a way to approximate commercial skip, but in replaying the unwatched portion of a Nascar race I recorded Sunday, it seemed like it broke the remaining time into portions and just jumped to the next portion. Is that how the function is supposed to work?

Ticks are the marks on the progress bar at various intervals (15 minutes maybe but I'm not looking at one now...) so it sounds like what you saw is how it works. Tivo has a function like that too if I recall correctly.

The ticks are not set in stone, but are the segments of the program in "orderly amounts". So for a :30 minute and 1-hour show, they are at 15 minute intervals. But if you were to record the 7-hour block of Olympics on USAHD or one of the specialty channels, you will see tha they are either 1 hour or 30 minute marks. So it varies.

What is POKEEYENOW?? Please expalin this to me someone!!

Goes back to a mid-May CE.

The easter egg will let you access a network services menu and manually configure your ports instead of the receiver using UPnP with your router. The second thing, it adds a daily fortune to your menu, similar to those in fortune cookies. The first part being a good add-in that some may need, the second part is less-necessary, and hopefully didn't take long to code.

The network services would let you assign ports for the upcoming media-share software that will allow you to view programs on a computer. It is just starting beta-testing right now.

This way, you can configure ports if you do not use UPnP.

To enable POKEEYENOW, do a "Keyword Search" for POKEEYENOW. When the results show nothing found, just hit done. In about 10 minutes you'll have the features above on your menu.

Okay, here is my problem. Last three CE releases I cannot do repeat searches. The initial search works fine but the repeat search continues to search and search. If I revert back to National Release repeat search works fine.

I have an HR21 with a 1TB external drive. Here is my report #20080820-2A00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts