HR20 / HR21 / R22 CE Release 8/8 0x0263

I just completed an upgrade and I was surprised because I didn't start it until 2:50 Eastern. The menu responsiveness is much improved and I don't notice any other issues yet.

So.... did you get the CE version 0x263 or the National Release ?
Sorry, I forgot to ask which rec. your using, the CE version I mentioned is for the HR20's

Jimbo

Has anyone noticed that some times when you delete a recorded show using the red button in the new 8 0x0263 CE release on the HR21 the show some times stays in your list until you delete another show using the red button? Id does not happen all the time, but often.

Has anyone noticed that some times when you delete a recorded show using the red button in the new 8 0x0263 CE release on the HR21 the show some times stays in your list until you delete another show using the red button? Id does not happen all the time, but often.
I am still on the last CE, but I have noticed a similar issue when deleting LARGE program files, such as the 7 hour HD Olympic feeds. Most times the show will linger for a few minutes after I dump it, but if I leave the playlist window and come back in, the deleted show is gone. Might just be a cache issue.

HR21-100
DK:20080809-ACF
This ce so far for me was the best. box very responsive. but a moment ago it suddenly rebooted itself. never happened before. hope it doesn't again. if it does i'll have to reset back to NR.
Still no widgets

i don't know what has happened but this update went from the best for me to the same old sluggishness. i don't get it. it's really slow today. maybe tomorrow it will be more responsive. no consistency.

DK: 20080811-30A5
HR21-100

So.... did you get the CE version 0x263 or the National Release ?
Sorry, I forgot to ask which rec. your using, the CE version I mentioned is for the HR20's

Jimbo
It says I'm on 0x263. Is there a way to tell if it went back to the national release?

You'd only go back to the national if you told it to, and you're software version would be different.

esata drive new??

I just bought a esata drive to add to my HR20-700 with 0x0263 do I have to force a national release download and initialize the new drive with the national release?? and then next week get the next CE? and I should have no problems with the new drive deleting the internal drive??

Well I have finally had my first problem with the HR20-100 and a CE. This morning I found my HR20 locked up. It was not able to power on. Since I know that these devices never really power themselves off, I tried a reset of the receiver and that did not work. I then unplugged the receiver for a minute and plugged it back in. This seems to have allowed the receiver to restart.

Downloaded the CE release this past Saturday night. Had a minor issue this morning. When I turned the system on all i had was "frozen digital snow". Tried a bunch of different stations and recorded shows with the same result. I did a menu reset and all was good. Hopefully just a fluke.

I just bought a esata drive to add to my HR20-700 with 0x0263 do I have to force a national release download and initialize the new drive with the national release?? and then next week get the next CE? and I should have no problems with the new drive deleting the internal drive??

That is my understanding, if you go back to the national release now, you can add the esata drive.

Anything you recorded on the internal drive on "this CE" release will be erased when you drop to the national (related to the auto extended recording feature).

After you have the esata running, you can download the new CE this coming Friday. Remember you can only download Friday/Saturday nights (when offered).

Watching media share video, and about 5 minutes in goes to the screen saver. Hit a key to take if off S/S, and it came bac on in 5 mintues again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts