HR20/HR21/R22 CE Release for 7/11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HR21-100
Dkey:20080712-268D

improvements
guide scrolling has improved
menu scrolling and selection speed has improved a little bit
banner issues when going to previous channel are fixed
network connected a little quicker than before

issues
lost ondemand functions. wait and see if tomorrow they're back.green & red ondemand channel changing buttons disappeared.non of the ondemand channels are available at this moment.
some commands are still a little slow not only from remote but also from the front panel. so it isn't a remote issue but it seems to be a processing of commands issue.

12:18 am: after RBR guide scrolling and command response have further improved in speed. on demand is still unavailable.

Do a network test and/or resetup network. Ive heard about this happening before. Your recvr is porlly not connecting to your router.

no i checked and it's connecting ok. i have 4 on demand channels coming in now. don't know if this is a sign that they'll be all available soon. thanks darren for your suggestion.:up

update

9:11 am most of my on demand channels are online. response to commands is faster. at times when pressing the guide button the box hangs for 2-3 seconds.
on demand functions are also faster with this CE.

A couple notes for the posters overnight:

There are two versions this week, HR20 got 0254 and the HR21 got 0255. No difference in the notes, probably a last minute slight change for the HR21.

It is normal to expect the system to be slow for a few hours after any reboot, especially a software download. Things like VOD have to redownload the "channels" to the receiver, and the receiver is busy downloading information including guide updates, and rebuilding the to-do list (sometimes it will be empty or missing some after a reboot, they are still there, just being reprocessed).

I usually recomend waiting until the next day to give it a good workout, especially when looking at response times, they will be slower at first because the box is busy.

Hope that explains it well, and helps explain why the box is sluggish after a download.

Well said it is a computer device.. Give the box a break..

Mine is runing great...

i had one slight problem with the hr21-100 in my bedroom with sat signal after the download.. a reboot fixed that and all is great now.

Hey guys, I probably missed this somewhere, but is it o.k. to go straight from 0235 to 0255. Basically what I am asking is do the new updates contain all of the info of the previous updates.
Just got the HR21 about a week ago and would like to do this update tonight.
Thank You,
Jay

update:

8:34pm: just like jason mentioned in the above post i now have all of my on demand channels available. the on demand functions are quicker than before. overall box responsiveness is faster with this update than before. I'm very pleased. Haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary. If i do i'll be quick to post it.

Hey guys, I probably missed this somewhere, but is it o.k. to go straight from 0235 to 0255. Basically what I am asking is do the new updates contain all of the info of the previous updates.
Just got the HR21 about a week ago and would like to do this update tonight.
Thank You,
Jay

You will be fine going straight to 255. It has all the previous updates included.

Thanks JAG,
I assumed it would, but assumption can lead to massive consumption if problems arise.
Jay

Downloaded 254 Friday night for my 20-700 and now have an issue when pausing a recorded show and trying to resume play after approx 3 minutes of pausing. When I resume, the video is frozen, but the audio continues. This has now happened twice (both HD recordings but from two different channels). Once I recognize that the audio is running on its own, I seem to have a maximum of two to three button presses before the system locks completely and requires an RBR.

If it helps, here are the shows watched when freeze happens:
Saturday afternoon: "Don't Sweat It" on HGTV (incident occured 3 minutes in / MPEG4 Channel)
Sunday morning: The Simpson's Movie" on HBOWHD (incident occured at 19 minutes in / MPEG4 channel)

I mnetion the MPEG4 because I have started, paused, and resumed some kids shows on MPEG2 channels without incident in the last 24-36 hours. Of course those were recorded prior to the CE download. The two shows that locked up the receiver were both recorded after the CE Friday night.

Am I alone on this issue?

Last edited:
The issue with pause has been reported by others, looks like it started with the 251 release.

Please remember to generate an error report for all you folks that are rebooting your receivers that are hung if the HR2X is connected to the internet.

If you don't know about how to do it:

- You first need to have the EdgeCutter backdoor enabled. If you haven't do that yet do a "Search For Shows", then do a keyword search for iamanedgecutter using "All" as the subcatagory. The search will end up not finding anything but the backdoor is now enabled.

- Press MENU and INFO at the same time on the front panel, this brings up a hidden menu. Select report and the box will gather some info and send it to DirecTV via the internet connection and display a KEY number. Please put that KEY number in the problem report here. You can do this once every 24 hours or until the HR2X is rebooted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)