HR20/HR21/R22 CE Release for 7/11

CE has been very stable for me. I don't see the updated "VOD Icon". Anyone see this?

I have had No Problems with the CE Updates in quite some time now.
I am currently on update 0254 and my FF/REW/Pause features are working correctly.
Also when coming out of a pause, it starts about 4-5 seconds before that, great feature.

Only issue I have currently is the Caller ID that doesn't want to work, but I don't consider that an issue that is of major importance, one that will be worked on down the line though.

Jimbo

Got 255, and so far, VERY stable and fast!! I am glad I did this CE...The box is very responsive to button presses, and with scrolling off, its very smooth! now I need to look into these widgets as I have no idea what they are, and how to access them, or what they do...time to start reading up :)

I have a problem that occurs occasionally no matter what CE or regular version I'm on. Sometimes when scrolling the guide, it will slow to a crawl. Take like 30-40 seconds to scroll up then after a minute or two recover and continue on. Anyone ever see this? I have a HR21 with an external 1TB drive.

1-2 minutes is definately bad. Have you turned off "scrolling effects"?

If nothing fixes it, you can try a "reset everything" - which will ERASE your recordings.

If that still doesn't fix it, call and get your receiver replaced.

Jason it doesn't do it enough to warrant replacing the receiver. It happens maybe 2-3 times a week. As I said it happens across most software releases, CE and general. Haven't tried turning off scrolling, will give it a try.

Thanks

I have a problem that occurs occasionally no matter what CE or regular version I'm on. Sometimes when scrolling the guide, it will slow to a crawl. Take like 30-40 seconds to scroll up then after a minute or two recover and continue on. Anyone ever see this? I have a HR21 with an external 1TB drive.

I've seen this also. It just freezes for 30 sec's or so then continues scrolling. It's definitely a freeze up. Unit won't respond to any command while stopped. Like you said it happens seldom enough that I can't see replacing the unit but it needs to be fixed.

I have HR21-700.

When is the next opportunity to download 255 or the next release?

Thx in advance.

It won't be 255, it will be the next one, could be an entirely different number, but probably a 2 ..maybe a 256, maybe 266 or something higher even, but we have no way to tell ahead of time unless it's in the notes the day of.
That said, it WILL be a larger number than 255, could also have a letter in it as well 255a or something like that,it all depend on what code they have changed.
I think that they are just starting a new cycle, so I would think it would be close to what I mentioned above.

Jimbo

I just posted the notes for 0254 & 0255 going national in the main forum.

Now, upward & onward to a new cycle Friday night !!!

this update did very well at the beginning but today it's slow as hell. i don't understand why that happens. let's see what's next with CE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)