Friday, June 25, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:High Risk

New features
  • None for this release

Improved/Updated
  • Under the hood

Notes
  • This CE may remove your guide cache if you did not download a previous CE.
    Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
  • If you do not see channel logos, please reenter IAMANEDGECUTTER and they will appear within 2 hours.
  • If you revert from CE back to National 0x3DE/0x3DF you will lose the guide cache and you are likely to lose some recordings.
  • Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.

Old Versions

New features

• CE:24:01 (0x03E5)
    • Posters everywhere!
    • DirecTV Cinema enhancements.

[*]CE:24:02 (0x03E8)
    • HD PPV no longer requires the HD Package!
    • Output resolution is no longer limited to 480 when HD Package is not purchased

[*]CE:24:03 (0x03EB)
    • Smart Search now gives you Top Matches!

Improved/Updated

• CE:24:02 (0x03E8)

• [*]Black recordings
  • CE:24:04 (0x03EE)

• [*]Under the hood
  • CE:24:05 (0x03EF)

• [*]Can't delete issue

This is my first reply on this site, hopefully I am placing post in the correct area. Three weeks ago I had downloaded the release where recordings could not be deleted. Last Friday's update fixed the deletion problem but a new issue surfaced; now when I tell the reciever to record a series (new episodes only), it is recording EVERY episode that the reciever finds in the guide. In other words, it is recording new and old shows. I tried deleting everything in my todo/record queue and readded the shows. I also waited to see if tonight's update would fix this problem but it did not. I never had this problem prior to the release that caused the delete malfunction. I searched and have not found anything about this issue. Thanks in advance.

HR22/100 0x3f8

This is my first reply on this site, hopefully I am placing post in the correct area. Three weeks ago I had downloaded the release where recordings could not be deleted. Last Friday's update fixed the deletion problem but a new issue surfaced; now when I tell the reciever to record a series (new episodes only), it is recording EVERY episode that the reciever finds in the guide. In other words, it is recording new and old shows. I tried deleting everything in my todo/record queue and readded the shows. I also waited to see if tonight's update would fix this problem but it did not. I never had this problem prior to the release that caused the delete malfunction. I searched and have not found anything about this issue. Thanks in advance.

HR22/100 0x3f8

Hi marketing; welcome to CE forum!

Have you checked your RECORD DEFAULTS and individual SERIES MANAGER record options? Sounds like you have the option to record BOTH First-Runs and Repeats set. Look under MENU/MANAGE RECORDINGS.

You may also want to check the SERIES MANAGER for duplicate entries; there may be some that are causing repeat episodes to record. Not sure how it happens but on occasion, I've found duplicate SLs in the Series Manager.

I prefer to set my RECORD DEFAULTS to First-Run only so when I create a SL from the guide using the double-record button presses, the created SL will default to First-Run only.

Hey armchair. Thanks for the reply. It is definitly a software problem. I have had the receiver about a year with no problems with it set default to record first run only. I don't think I have ever used the "both" or the "repeats" option.

This started after the faulty ce update 3 weeks ago. I've gone through and deleted everything from series manager and the priority list, etc. I re-added shows and still have the same problem. A total system reset/reformat hasn't even fixed the problem. The latest beta releases are just too buggy, looks like I will have to revert back to the standard software release and lose all my recordings yet again. I was hoping last night's update would fix this. I have figured out a work around for now, to go in and setup manual recordings where u tell it the time, day and channel (it isn't based on the show and guide, but more like 1990 when u set your vcr to record) I am starting to feel like I own a vcr, not a dvr... or that I have reverted back to junky dish service. Their equipent always felt like it was built for the decade prior. haha.

Hey armchair. Thanks for the reply. It is definitly a software problem. I have had the receiver about a year with no problems with it set default to record first run only. I don't think I have ever used the "both" or the "repeats" option.

This started after the faulty ce update 3 weeks ago. I've gone through and deleted everything from series manager and the priority list, etc. I re-added shows and still have the same problem. A total system reset/reformat hasn't even fixed the problem. The latest beta releases are just too buggy, looks like I will have to revert back to the standard software release and lose all my recordings yet again. I was hoping last night's update would fix this. I have figured out a work around for now, to go in and setup manual recordings where u tell it the time, day and channel (it isn't based on the show and guide, but more like 1990 when u set your vcr to record) I am starting to feel like I own a vcr, not a dvr... or that I have reverted back to junky dish service. Their equipent always felt like it was built for the decade prior. haha.

Let me know how you change the Video TAPES, that would be interesting !!!!

It's odd the problem you're having; not a problem here! Before you reverted to all-manual recordings, did you try to view upcoming from series manager and delete the repeats? Or are you saying that the DVR still records them after you cancel them?

Almost sounds like someone is playing a joke on you. You may want to ask the remote control users if they're aware that pressing the record button twice on the guide will set a series link on the episode highlighted.

Armchair, I tried deleting the upcoming shows from the series manager too! I live alone so no worries about others setting stuff. The DVR started during a week I never had any company. I have tried everything I know except a total reset/reverting back to standard sw (prefer not to lose my recodings).

I am beginning to think that the only shows I am having this problem with are the shows I had previously setup to record when the bad, unable to delete sw was installed. If I remove the shows from the manager, all is well and it doesn't record. But once the shows are added back set to first run only, it still records every single show that comes on. It is so frustrating,

Armchair, I tried deleting the upcoming shows from the series manager too! I live alone so no worries about others setting stuff. The DVR started during a week I never had any company. I have tried everything I know except a total reset/reverting back to standard sw (prefer not to lose my recodings).

I am beginning to think that the only shows I am having this problem with are the shows I had previously setup to record when the bad, unable to delete sw was installed. If I remove the shows from the manager, all is well and it doesn't record. But once the shows are added back set to first run only, it still records every single show that comes on. It is so frustrating,

Sorry marketing; can't argue with that, looks like a real problem. Have you tried leaving it unplugged for minimum 15 minutes? Power-down reset has been known to correct odd behavior in the past.

Only other thing I would advise if it continues is to revert to NR and then reset everything; call Directv if it's not resolved. (They will know if you're still on CE f/w when you call)

I hope that helps you.

Does download fix audio not immediately audible coming out of rewind or fast forward?

Does anyone know if tonight's download solves the audio problem that began two downloads ago? When we resume playback after rewind or fast-forward, it takes up to 4 seconds for the HR21-200 to make the audio audible.

Looks like audio problem solved!

Does anyone know if tonight's download solves the audio problem that began two downloads ago? When we resume playback after rewind or fast-forward, it takes up to 4 seconds for the HR21-200 to make the audio audible.

I'm no longer experiencing the delay, so glad to see this update! No other problems seen so far.

I am having the same issue. All shows in Series Manager are set to first run only. It records the first run and then every time there is a repeat of it.

I am having the same issue. All shows in Series Manager are set to first run only. It records the first run and then every time there is a repeat of it.

There seems to be some missing First-Run/Repeat information missing in the Guide data for some channels or series. Series Manager uses this data to record properly or in this case, improperly.

I don't think it's a CE issue but hopefully the problem with the Guide info will be resolved soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts