HR20-HR24 / H21-H25 CE Release 12/2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
andrewj0781 said:
Yeah you have to turn it on on all the receivers you want it on. H24 has a keyword list on the search menu. You do it the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks, it works fine now.

andrewj0781 said:
Jimbo in the H24 in my bedroom after going back to the NR it powers on with no problems so something with the CE software is probably the issue I'm having.

My Kitchen receiver (h24) works fine too now that I'm using the NR again. Im downloading the CE again tonight and report if my issues return. I forgot how ugly the NR was.

hokie74 said:
I downloaded 0x58D on both my HR24 and H24 last night with no problems. It took about 20 minutes each. Both show the check boxes on the TV resolution now. I found I had unchecked 1080i on the H24 and when i checked it the TV made a funny noise for a second then it was OK. No icons yet but I will check later.

I am new to CE. I enabled the advanced command for "30SKIP" on the HR24 and it works great. Will this work on the H24 when watching a recording? I can't seem to tell any difference on the H24. Do you have to enable it separately? I am not sure how you would since there is no "Smart Search" on the H24.

Why is there no search on a H24 ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

andrewj0781 said:
Jimbo in the H24 in my bedroom after going back to the NR it powers on with no problems so something with the CE software is probably the issue I'm having.

Well, that's good to know and Thank You .... thats what Testing Beta software is all about, if you fine something one way or the other and report it , then we all know !

andrewj0781 said:
My Kitchen receiver (h24) works fine too now that I'm using the NR again. Im downloading the CE again tonight and report if my issues return. I forgot how ugly the NR was.

I went back to the old gui for a few days this past week and also couldn't wait to get back on the CE software.

The H2x & the HR2x have different search engines. HR2x can search all categories at once. H2x require you to select a category - Title, Person, Keyword, etc.

Earlier today I downloaded the NR to see if it would fix a bug with two of my H24 and it did. Now I redownloaded the CE and both of my H24 again take 30 seconds to power on again. There has to be an issue with the CE because they don't do it when I'm running the NR. Wonder why I'm the only one seeing this bug?

Also I noticed something weird tonight as well. When I went back to the NR I lost all of my Quicktunes. After downloaded the CE again they all returned. Just thought that was odd.

I downloaded my first CE last night. The download took a couple tries as the CE didn't show up until about 10:15 CST. No big deal, and actually I expected it.

The download worked as expected on both the HR24-500s in my Man Cave. After they were loaded, I checked a few things and during that, whichever one I was checking froze. Did a RBR and things seemed fine. Went to bed.

Checked this AM and the cache was all there for channels, but My DirecTV had nothing in it, and the Quick Tune had no logos. Did a quick 2 resets on both of them and I'm waiting until later today to see what populates.

One thing I did notice is that the extra menu selections in the menu that were added when I did the IAMAN... keyword search are no longer there. So how do you do the extra maintenance if needed, or report an issue directly from the HR?? I thought that was a feature of the CEs.

I have the HR23-700 and uploaded Ox58d both Friday night and Saturday night.

1) The channel icons still do not appear on either upload. I have also rebooted twice.

2) When recording a on-demand show, the reciever is very sluggish when bringing up the guide or moving around the menus when the recording is taking place. The other issue is a major one, the issue is when recording a on-demand show, pressing "list" tries to go to the list screen, tries to load the list and shows what you are watching in the upper left, but this screen gets stuck. There are no keystrokes to get out. I tried ESC, menu, guide, etc, but the screen is stuck (the on-demand is still loading). I can see the ethernet lights on my router working the download. It appears the list screen is waiting for the download to finish. The only way to "unfreeze" the guide is to reset (reboot) the HR23-700. I have tried this twice with the same result.

HR20-100, the receiver froze when I pressed the LIST key. It drew the background and was completely unresponsive after that. I was recording a VOD program at the time. After about 15 minutes of unresponsiveness, it reset itself. After reset, I pressed LIST again and it froze again, same thing. I waited until the VOD recording was done and LIST works normally again after that. report key 20111204-2739

HR20-100, the receiver froze when I pressed the LIST key. It drew the background and was completely unresponsive after that. I was recording a VOD program at the time. After about 15 minutes of unresponsiveness, it reset itself. After reset, I pressed LIST again and it froze again, same thing. I waited until the VOD recording was done and LIST works normally again after that. report key 20111204-2739
There been lots VoD trouble reports with this CE.

I used the IAMANEDGECUTTER option to look at the misc. option menu but how do you turn it off?

DL'g a VoD and looking at the PlayList has caused lockups on a few HR2x in only a couple of days.

I haven't had time today to try to dupe the issue. Been cleaning up a HR21 for its coming return to DirecTV.

I just downloaded the CE early Saturday morning and both of my HR-24's and both of my HR-700's have the power on issue. None of them ever had the problem before I downloaded the HD Gui.

If I go back out on Monday morning and force a download will I get the original software that was loaded?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)