HR20-HR24 / H21-H25 CE Release 12/2

I switched back yesterday to the NR. Just do a reset and the 02468 trick and you get whatever is in the stream normally for your box.

Thanks. I did find out one interesting thing - my HR24-200 in the living room doesn't have the same 30 second pause as the other three units. Go figure. I love the HD gui so I'll put up with it for a while until one of the newer upcoming streams fixes it.

Thanks. I did find out one interesting thing - my HR24-200 in the living room doesn't have the same 30 second pause as the other three units. Go figure. I love the HD gui so I'll put up with it for a while until one of the newer upcoming streams fixes it.

what is 30 sec pause?

dogbite said:
I just downloaded the CE early Saturday morning and both of my HR-24's and both of my HR-700's have the power on issue. None of them ever had the problem before I downloaded the HD Gui.

What's your power on issue? Two of my H24 take up to 30 seconds to power on. When I went back to the NR it fixed the problem. When I Redownloaded the CE the problem came back.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

andrewj0781 said:
What's your power on issue? Two of my H24 take up to 30 seconds to power on. When I went back to the NR it fixed the problem. When I Redownloaded the CE the problem came back.

Andrew, curious, is the Power Saver ON or Off, turn it off and see what happens, might have to reboot after to see a difference.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:
Andrew, curious, is the Power Saver ON or Off, turn it off and see what happens, might have to reboot after to see a difference.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

That doesn't help. The only fix I found was going back to NR. Thanks for the idea.

I've found that with this week's CE, it sometimes takes about 10 seconds for my recorded show to start after pressing play. Not a big deal of course but it seems to have just started doing it this week.

I have noticed a problem with the screensaver in the latest CE (0x58d on HR21-700). After a reboot, if you pause live tv, a screen saver with a small DirecTV logo bouncing around will appear after 5 minutes. This is normal.

After switching to a SonicTap channel, the screen saver also appears after 5 minutes, but instead of the logo there is a box with the current song info bouncing around. This is also normal.

If you now switch back to a normal channel and press pause again, after the five minute time-out the screen saver appears but now shows the box with song info from the previous SonicTap channel.

Report sent: 20111207-2ED4

Anyone notice that "previous channel" within the guide doesn't seem to work anymore (or at least on my HR23-700)?

First time CE downloader, so forgive my ignorance if this was expected.

- james

Anyone notice that "previous channel" within the guide doesn't seem to work anymore (or at least on my HR23-700)?

First time CE downloader, so forgive my ignorance if this was expected.

- james
PIG can no longer be control by the remote. Hope it doesn't stay that way.

A lot of buttons got new assignment in the last CE.

Then that new remote RC70X for RVU shows up. And it's missing a few buttons.

Someone said that remote is only for RVU Clients, but then why are buttons on the old remote getting reassign?

Attachments

• DirecTV_Remote_RC70X.png
    DirecTV_Remote_RC70X.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I have noticed a problem with the screensaver in the latest CE (0x58d on HR21-700). After a reboot, if you pause live tv, a screen saver with a small DirecTV logo bouncing around will appear after 5 minutes. This is normal.

After switching to a SonicTap channel, the screen saver also appears after 5 minutes, but instead of the logo there is a box with the current song info bouncing around. This is also normal.

If you now switch back to a normal channel and press pause again, after the five minute time-out the screen saver appears but now shows the box with song info from the previous SonicTap channel.

Report sent: 20111207-2ED4

Exactly the same thing happens here.

Past 2 days the HR20-100 has been mostly unresponsive to remote control. The batteries are brand new, controls the TV just fine... If I keep holding or pressing buttons, sometimes it responds, occasionally acts normal and then nothing for a couple minutes. Turning off and on from the front panel sometimes makes it act normal for a few minutes. Didn't try a full reset, figured another CE will be here soon enough for that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts