Status
Please reply by conversation.

jssat

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Wooster, OH
Ok, I'm alot behind on satellite so bare with me. It was only four years ago that I installed these for a living, but I am so behind. Ok, hooked up a 3 receiver system for friend, He has a 5 location dish with 3 lnbs installed on it. No problems in the bedroom rec. The HR20 receiver has a signal of 90+ on 101, 80+ 110 and 80+ on 119. The problem is when I unhook my sat meter I loose my 119 signal and 101 and 110 go way down. Please Help.

Is the H20 getting a picture? It has in the past had low sat signal as compared to other receivers.

Yes, I get a picture. The problem is mostly with 119, my meter acts almost as an amplifier in the line on that rec. only. When it is hooked up, I have a signal on 119, when I unhook the meter I have no signal on 119. Could there be some thing wrong with the part that attaches directly behind the rec. to get the ku signal?

James

So you have a 3 LNB dish? Are all the lines going into the multi-switch? We had a similar issue with someone that did not have all 4 lines going into the multi-switch off the dish. And have you tried all the coax lines down from the dish? I think the lines may be crossed coming down from the LNB's on the dish to the multi-switch.

So you have a 3 LNB dish? Are all the lines going into the multi-switch? We had a similar issue with someone that did not have all 4 lines going into the multi-switch off the dish. And have you tried all the coax lines down from the dish? I think the lines may be crossed coming down from the LNB's on the dish to the multi-switch.

Brewer,
I don't think the lines being crossed to the multiswitch would do anything, the lines coming out of the LNB are not labeled.
However, you make a good point, many have failed to connect all 4 wires to the multi and had trouble.

Jimbo

Something just sounds amiss with what is coming off the LNB's down to the receiver. The sat meter is doing something problably acting like the multi-switch. Thats why I think something is not connected properly or in wrong place.

Something just sounds amiss with what is coming off the LNB's down to the receiver. The sat meter is doing something problably acting like the multi-switch. Thats why I think something is not connected properly or in wrong place.

Isnt the multi-switch built into the dish? The LNB is on piece with three eye's, looks like it will hold up to five eyes. This assembly has four connections on it.

James

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts