HR20 LNB output failed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chucklesk

Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
My HR20-700 has intermittent problems with tuner 1. Every couple of days when I go to certain HD channels, usually discovery HD, the picture will go away and a searching for signal message will display. I tried removing the b-band converters and swapping the lines. Each time though the same thing happens, when I go to check the signal tuner 2 has a good signal, but 1 is always at 0. Also I ran a system test and everything passes except for LNB output. If I reset the receiver everything works again and all the test pass, but it fails again after a couple of days.

Any suggestions?

My HR20-700 has intermittent problems with tuner 1. Every couple of days when I go to certain HD channels, usually discovery HD, the picture will go away and a searching for signal message will display. I tried removing the b-band converters and swapping the lines. Each time though the same thing happens, when I go to check the signal tuner 2 has a good signal, but 1 is always at 0. Also I ran a system test and everything passes except for LNB output. If I reset the receiver everything works again and all the test pass, but it fails again after a couple of days.

Any suggestions?

When you swapped leads to the different tuners, did the problem move to the other one, or stay where it was ?
IF it stayed, it's a rec. tuner problem, if not,it could be alot of things.
Coax, Multiswitch, LNBs ....
possible splitter in the line...

Jimbo

The problem stayed with tuner 1, I kind of thought the receiver had problems, but was hoping there was an easy fix.

How is DTV when it comes to getting replacements, any advice?

Thanks,
chuck

The problem stayed with tuner 1, I kind of thought the receiver had problems, but was hoping there was an easy fix.

How is DTV when it comes to getting replacements, any advice?

Thanks,
chuck

It takes a bit, but they do get it done.
Normally they will want to send a tech out to check out the situation, if the tech determines there is trouble, he will either have one to replace it, or let D* know and they sometimes will send you one and thenyou send then bad one back in the pre paid box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)