HR20 Locking up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

volntitan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Hey folks...

Our neighbors have a HR20 DVR that is brand new and they are having one big annoying problem. It is locking up on them. They will look at the guide and then none of the buttons on the remote work. They can't even turn it off on the unit. They have to end up unplugging the unit. Any ideas?

Hey folks...

Our neighbors have a HR20 DVR that is brand new and they are having one big annoying problem. It is locking up on them. They will look at the guide and then none of the buttons on the remote work. They can't even turn it off on the unit. They have to end up unplugging the unit. Any ideas?

What TV do they have, are they connected via HDMI and is this directly to the TV or thru an HDMI switching receiver??

Hey folks...

In a few days the newest software will be released Nationally, hopefully that will help correct thier problems.

Jimbo

The TV is hooked directly to the box with an HDMI cable. Not going thru a switcher.

I noticed I have a new software version (132?), but not sure if they got it or not.

What TV do they have, are they connected via HDMI and is this directly to the TV or thru an HDMI switching receiver??

I guess the NAtional release went out yesterday, if your still having lock ups, I would reboot and see if that clears it, if not, then I would give D* a shout.

Jimbo

I am moving this to the DVR section.

OK...couple of questions:

1) Does a reboot lose your recorded programs?

2) How do you reboot? ;)

No a reboot doesn't lose any recordings. I haven't seen the new HR20 menu yet but it should be in the menu somewhere. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

I had a similar problem. Per advice of tech guy who came out - try unplugging the dvr at least overnight. When you plug it back in, it will reboot, etc., and then may (or may not) work okay. At least it can't make the problem worse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts