HR20 or HR21 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I am thinking of ordering another HD DVR. I am not sure which one I would get but the question I have is. I only have one line ran to the room where the DVR is going I am not worried about recording two things at once. Would the DVR still record if there is only one line hook to it?

Thanks

Yes the dvr will record if you have only one cable connected, you will not be able to watch a different channel at the same time or record two channels at the same time.

Thanks for your answer. I kinda thought it would work like that but the technical support CSR kept telling me it would not record anything if only one line was hooked up. I figured it would work so I never canceled my order.

you could always get at a later time a swm lnb. one wire will activate both tuners.

I was looking at those may wait for awhile and see if they ever go down in price. I lucked up when I got my D* system put in. After getting this new DVR I have gotten 3 HD DVR's and installation for about $150 after paying shipping for everything and paying for the third DVR.

the swm lnb's are going for about $125 on ebay which is where i got mine. excellent!

One more thing the external off the air tuner AM21 performs slightly better then the internal tuner built in the HR20.

Well no go on getting my third HD DVR. The first one they sent me that I ordered keep locking up while watching it and would not come on when trying to power it on with the remote.

So, they sent me a replacement. I get this one which was an HR21 I go to take it out of the box and it looked like someone had hit it with a hammer on the front edge and the front panel with the buttongs and leds was actually falling off the front of it. I called and sent them both back and told them not to worry about it.

Funny thing is the two HR20's they sent me for free for signing up with them look and work perfect. The one I was going to actually buy looked awful and didn't work at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)