HR20 OTA being enabled now

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i posted in the HR20 OTA being enabled thread so i must have a HR20. LOL not trying to sound like a smartass LOL.... wasnt there a sticky thread about D rolling out the ota update between certain times and people were forcing the update by hitting the red reset and then 02468 on their remote. thats what i mean about forcing the update.

Why did you force an update ? What were you trying to do ?
What receiver are you forcing the update on ?

Jimbo

yup,i think that was taken out of stream though it may have been left for an extended time surpassing the time they said software would last in stream

right thats all i was meaning, and i figured since its getting rolled out now i would force it a couple of times and get lucky.

yup,i think that was taken out of stream though it may have been left for an extended time surpassing the time they said software would last in stream

i posted in the HR20 OTA being enabled thread so i must have a HR20. LOL not trying to sound like a smartass LOL.... wasnt there a sticky thread about D rolling out the ota update between certain times and people were forcing the update by hitting the red reset and then 02468 on their remote. thats what i mean about forcing the update.

You are right, my mistake... lost track of what thread I was in.
Sorry about that.

The time frame window was over at like 1:30 am the other night.
Keep an eye out and you may find it coming by again.

I would expect the Normal upgrade to be out soon anyway.

I have not heard anyone mention another timeframe where D* will be sending it out, at least not yet.

Jimbo

The national rollout of an OTA release for the HR20 started again last night - west coast. I expect some more of the country will get it tonight. No point in trying to force it - if your receiver isn't in the rollout area you will just get the old version.

A lot of reports all over the country (another forum) of the 10b version with OTA being received as well as those forcing the download starting yesterday.

I downloaded the 10b on Friday night and it really seems to stabilize the HR20 as well giving us OTA.

Woke up in DFW today and checked my software version and BAM 010B is what i have with OTA enabled, and i must say it looks very very good even better than my HR10.... I noticed some people are saying 0X104 im not sure what that is but that not the one i got......

Woke up in DFW today and checked my software version and BAM 010B is what i have with OTA enabled, and i must say it looks very very good even better than my HR10.... I noticed some people are saying 0X104 im not sure what that is but that not the one i got......

The one you got (10b) is the most current one, I too received that one this morning :)

Jimbo

Got my 2 days ago and didnt even know it was updated to 10b :eek:

I thought pretty well everyone had it by now. Are you sure you don't have it?? Go to menu/help and settings/setup/info and test. Look for the software release number, if it says 0x10b you have the OTA release already installed.

If you don't, do a red button reset. As soon as you see the first "hello" screen appear, type 02468 on your remote. WAIT, don't try to do it again. The system should eventually start downloading the latest version of the software.

Another way to check is to go to the Menu, Settings, Set up, then Sat & Ant .... Look to see if the Antenna set up button is now accessible.

Jimbo

I thought pretty well everyone had it by now. Are you sure you don't have it?? Go to menu/help and settings/setup/info and test. Look for the software release number, if it says 0x10b you have the OTA release already installed.

If you don't, do a red button reset. As soon as you see the first "hello" screen appear, type 02468 on your remote. WAIT, don't try to do it again. The system should eventually start downloading the latest version of the software.

I was asking because I don't have a HR-20 yet, still on the HR10-250. I have been waiting to upgrade once they activate the OTA section, because my wife records shows on HD channels that D* doesn't offer in MPG4. If I upgrade it before the OTA function is active she won't be a happy camper. We have around 30 HD & digital channels available, in this area and D* only offers us 4 of them.

During installation the Hr20 automatically loads down the latest release so you will have OTA...

During installation the Hr20 automatically loads down the latest release so you will have OTA...

Let me fix that statement for you,

"During installation the Hr20 might automatically download the latest release so you will have OTA...""

Let me fix that statement for you,

"During installation the Hr20 might automatically download the latest release so you will have OTA...""

I did not think there was any way of preventing the HR20 downloading the latest release, certainly the latest release your receiver is authorised to receive. It happens automatically as part of the installation process. If there is a new release which has not "gone national" you may not receive it unless you are in the area of the country to which the release has been distributed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)