HR20 OTA being enabled now

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a new HR20 that was connected to satellite, activated and downloaded the latest software. However, I have moved it to a different location where no dish is installed yet. Is there a way to use the HR20 as just an OTA receiver until I get the dish hooked up? Right now it just sits there after boot up "searching for satellite" and there doesn't seem to be any menu options available to do anything else...

The HR20 will not work as a stand-alone OTA receiver, you have to have a dish and service....

Yup it wont work without dish coonected...

alot of these units are set up that way now, unfortunatly, you use to be able to do that with older units.

fyi, I thought in another thread, we determined that if the unit was an "Active" unit that it would work as an OTA.
I just checked last week with my H-10, I dis connected the sat line and the OTA antenna still worked, although I only did it for a short time ... maybe that had something to do with it.

Jimbo

I have an out of service HTL-HD and an old E8 that work on den and spare bedroom TVs, with an OTA antenna, even though the cards have been deactivated. No go on my old H10 though.

I have an out of service HTL-HD and an old E8 that work on den and spare bedroom TVs, with an OTA antenna, even though the cards have been deactivated. No go on my old H10 though.

I think it all changed with the Directv labelled receivers.

That said, I tried awhile back to see if I could get the OTA to work on my old RCA 222 and I could not get past the "Invalid Access Card" could not get into the menus to check. I really wioth I did something wrong, because I have a real good use for one that I can use as a OTA unit, as long as it has a tuner in it, not just a OTA pass thru.

Jimbo

Hey, what about using an HR10-250 as a standalone HD OTA unit? Can that be done?
No, D* needs to be active on them in order for the DVR functions to operate. SO realistically you could have the unit on your account and use it for OTA only, but it will not function as a "standalone" OTA DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)