Hr20 Ota

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I have a small problem that I need help with. I have a H20 and a HR20. With the H20 I get my OTA via a line that comes in the house direct from the antenna. The HR20 gets the OTA from rabbit ears. On the HR20 I have some problem keeping the picture, while the H20 the ota picture is great. What I want to know is if I cut the OTA cable going to the H20 and put a T in the line and run another line from the T to the HR20 will the signal strength down on the two tv's? Thanks

One thing that you need to remeber is that the OTA antenna input is split going into the tthe tuner as there is only 1 OTA input. I would suggest that you get a Antenna distribution system from on e of the Sponsors on this site. The distirbution box will range from $18.00 to $80.00. The distribtion box will have an amplifier that will help help decrease the loss of the splitline. The distribution box will also need ac power.

Since you have to run additional lines this may be an alternative for you.

Agreed. You can definitely do it, but make sure you get something that will properly amplify the signal. If you just get a cheap splitter you'll likely end up with two TV's with iffy signals...

Status
Please reply by conversation.