HR20 Pixelating on HD Playback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ibleedblue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Garner, NC
I made the jump from E* to D* during the recent promotion. I have MRV, but the tech had to install HR20's in the living room and the bedroom since the warehouse was out of the HR24's. They're hooked up with DECA's and filters on the Sat 2 input. The one in the living room works fine. The HR20 in the bedroom; however, has problem when playing back recorded HD content. It doesn't matter if I watch in the bedroom or stream to the living room. The picture pixelates BAD! If I skip back, it does the same thing in the same spots, so it's something in the recording. Watching live TV it's great. The problem only shows up on HD recordings. On SD recordings, the box shows no issues. I've done a reset with the red button and a refresh online, but the problem is still there. Can anyone diagnose this or tell me anything else I can try before calling D*?

I made the jump from E* to D* during the recent promotion. I have MRV, but the tech had to install HR20's in the living room and the bedroom since the warehouse was out of the HR24's. They're hooked up with DECA's and filters on the Sat 2 input. The one in the living room works fine. The HR20 in the bedroom; however, has problem when playing back recorded HD content. It doesn't matter if I watch in the bedroom or stream to the living room. The picture pixelates BAD! If I skip back, it does the same thing in the same spots, so it's something in the recording. Watching live TV it's great. The problem only shows up on HD recordings. On SD recordings, the box shows no issues. I've done a reset with the red button and a refresh online, but the problem is still there. Can anyone diagnose this or tell me anything else I can try before calling D*?
Did you get a business card from your local office? If this is less than a 30 days ago install, they'll probably send someone right over. Try and talk to a supervisor at your local office, and see if you can get the HR24. Worth a try. Most of the local office supervisors just want you to go away. Atleast mine was that way. Be nice, but don't go away until you get what you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts