HR20 Recording Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

diggerTV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Central Illinois
I just got DirecTV this week including a HR20-700 DVR. The DVR is not letting me watch a live program on one channel while recording another channel. Also, I can't schedule 2 recordings at the same time. It seems like the DVR isn't accessing the second tuner/sat feed. I'm calling my local retailer/installer tomorrow, but I welcome any feedback about possible causes for this problem. Has anybody had a similar problem like this?
Thanks

I just got DirecTV this week including a HR20-700 DVR. The DVR is not letting me watch a live program on one channel while recording another channel. Also, I can't schedule 2 recordings at the same time. It seems like the DVR isn't accessing the second tuner/sat feed. I'm calling my local retailer/installer tomorrow, but I welcome any feedback about possible causes for this problem. Has anybody had a similar problem like this?
Thanks

My guess is that the second tuner is not hooked up or there is an issue in the connectors/cabling. What are your signal strengths on both tuners?

Try swapping the satellite inputs on the back of the HR20 and see if the problem switches to tuner 1 or if it remains on tuner 2. If it moves over to tuner 1, then it would be an issue with the cabling/connectors. If it remains on tuner 2, the most likely cause is that the HR20 was powered up before the 2nd cable was connected. Resetting the receiver and doing a forced download on the welcome screen (0-2-4-6-8) should correct the problem.

Either one of these solutions is based upon having two inputs to the HR20. If you have only one input, then neither one of these will work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have two inputs, the installer ran a second line for the DVR. I'll give your suggestions a try.

I'm getting goose eggs signal strength-wise on tuner 2, I'll try switching the lines and see what happens. Thanks again.

iwc,
Thanks again, resetting the receiver fixed the problem. I've been away from sat TV for almost a year and a half (had E* for almost 4 years before that) and forgot the first step in addressing any sat/receiver problems: the reset button!

OK, I'm experiencing a similar problem. I relocated my HR20 temporarily while our kitchen is being remodeled - I have it on an SD TV, checked all my connections, get a good check on 480 and 481, but get no signal on tuner 2. Reboot did not work. I have not tried the forced download but I don't think that's the issue as the DVR worked fine with both tuners able to receive and record on my HDTV before I moved it.

Do I need to be hooked to a phoneline to do a download? or does that come via the satellite?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

OK, I'm experiencing a similar problem. I relocated my HR20 temporarily while our kitchen is being remodeled - I have it on an SD TV, checked all my connections, get a good check on 480 and 481, but get no signal on tuner 2. Reboot did not work. I have not tried the forced download but I don't think that's the issue as the DVR worked fine with both tuners able to receive and record on my HDTV before I moved it.

Do I need to be hooked to a phoneline to do a download? or does that come via the satellite?

Any other suggestions?

If it was connected to only one input or if it was powered up before both inputs were connected, you will have this issue. Try the forced download and see if that works.

Any other suggestions?

Phone line , NOT required.

Jimbo

After finally determining that the problem was not with the box, I followed my connections back to where they come in the house for probably the 10th time, and lo and behold I noticed a wire had come loose on one of the connections (Darn screw on connector heads! A connection that I didn't even notice the first 9 times!) It must have come loose when I was moving wires around to hook up the HR20 in it's new place.

Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts