HR20 recording playing bugs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I have had 2 or 3 recordings that refused to play on the HR20. Has anyone else experienced this?

How do you mean? Are they blank and don't play or do they freeze up?
What channel/shows?

There used to be a problem with this about 9 months ago (although I only saw it once personally) but it's long been squished and is pretty rare to see this. A restart many times would make them playable.

How do you mean? Are they blank and don't play or do they freeze up?
What channel/shows?

There used to be a problem with this about 9 months ago (although I only saw it once personally) but it's long been squished and is pretty rare to see this. A restart many times would make them playable.
First time happened during a storm so I can understand if there was some glitch. I just deleted it. Last time happened last night recording a replay of Entourage on HBO because I missed it sunday due to rain and lightening took out a tree 2 doors down the road, we had a hell of a storm sunday night. SO last night I deleted Sundays recording. and recorded it again while I was watching/recording some other things, weeds, californication. I went back to the recording it was about 23 minutes into it according to the bar indicator which came up when I tried to play it. But all I got was a black screen. I tried about 3 times. I couldnt reboot the reciever because it was recording other programs. SO I just deleted it. A restart may indeed solve the problem but shouldnt be required in the first place.

Last edited:
Could be it's all messed up from the loss of signal. I had lots of storms Saturday night and it locked up do to loss of signal (which is the only time my HR20 locks up). Could be yours didn't lock up but got some corrupted memory causing it to be weird. I would definately restart it. Heck I remember having to reboot my DirecTivo T-60 every 2 months or so because it would start to really.....slow.....down. Reboot cleared it up and it was fast again.

Not saying that you should have to restart but these are just computers after all and things happen.

Also, if you get blank at startup try to FFW for a minute or two and see if you get a picture, then RRW back to the begining. Again, something I haven't seen mentioned since at least March but that was a common way to work around the bug that existed back then.

Having said all that I'm leaning toward some corrupted memory do to the bad weather/loss of signal.

Could be it's all messed up from the loss of signal. I had lots of storms Saturday night and it locked up do to loss of signal (which is the only time my HR20 locks up). Could be yours didn't lock up but got some corrupted memory causing it to be weird. I would definately restart it. Heck I remember having to reboot my DirecTivo T-60 every 2 months or so because it would start to really.....slow.....down. Reboot cleared it up and it was fast again.

Not saying that you should have to restart but these are just computers after all and things happen.

Also, if you get blank at startup try to FFW for a minute or two and see if you get a picture, then RRW back to the begining. Again, something I haven't seen mentioned since at least March but that was a common way to work around the bug that existed back then.

Having said all that I'm leaning toward some corrupted memory do to the bad weather/loss of signal.
I kind of agree with you. I think may also have something to do with the episode that was recorded with signal loss and deleted. recording the same episode again immediately after deleting it may have contributed to it. Perhaps a reboot would have fixed it. It was a pretty bad storm sunday night, looked like the 4th of july outside, and I recall the thunder being so bad the first time this happened it sounded like someone just dropped an entire house on the ground next to mine. The onyl real problem I had with my HDtivo was about every 6 months season passes would get corrupted and I would have to clear and delete.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts