HR20 Resets

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Louie4

Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
While watching DVR the box does a reset, reload all by it's self. Any body seen this and what is fix??

Louie

I saw this for the first time on Saturday. I was recording something off FOX Reality and all of the sudden the thing kicked into a reset. I believe it normally does so after a software download but my history did not show one in quite some time.

Mine has been intermittently locking up and restarting since Saturday. I have a feeling mine is damaged thanks to our power company. We've been having a lot of brown outs due to the increased use of air conditioning. It's to the point where it won't turn on until the power has been disconnected for an hour.

On a hunch... do you guys have yours connected to the internet? I'm going to disconnect mine tonight and see if that changes anything.

I haven't had mine connected to the internet for months. Your story makes me a bit nervous. My UPS went out two nights ago so now the receiver/TV are just protected by the surge protection outlets.

No new firmware updates in the last month. I have a ups that is fairly new. Have not connected to the internet yet.

Louie

Last edited:
Mine has reset 3 times in the last week or two. From what I have been told, this is a known issue and has to do with the last firmware update on some HR-20-100 and 700 units. There is a thread on this issue at the other site.

What other site?? More info please.

Louie

Never mind, i found it, thanks anyway.

I suggest you all join the Cutting Edge forum. There are links to it on this site and dbstalk.com. You can download beta releases in a 3 hr window on weekends. I've had great success (maybe 2-3 bad releases) over a year's time. If the national release is causing reboot issues, then try the latest Cutting Edge (beta) software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)