reset message

Rlorton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
MO
I've been getting "reset" messages for a couple of days. I have done so three times and the message keeps coming back twice today. The receiver is an H24. Any ideas?

We have 21 receivers where I work and today 12 of them were doing the same thing. They're a mix of H24 and H25 receivers.

I don't have a fix but if it's still happening Monday we'll have to call DirecTV and see if it can be sorted out.

my hr54 did the same thing. i did the reset and it hasn't happened again. perhaps it had something to do with the directv logo changes on the banner and boot up screen? its also on the music channels too.

Most likely --Change of LOGO for DIRECTV is the cause of that Issue --it will settle down as you have noticed.

WTF...it just happened again...that's 4 resets. Why is DirecTV doing this?
I suggest you try this: use your remote --menu -Search-(type) CLEARMYBOX --Search --Then Search all -- your receiver will reboot once again and re download any corrupt plugin's --

Try it and see if it makes a difference?

I did the "empty my box" trick and it held for one day! I reset it the first time but ignored it the second time and lo and behold it started resetting itself. It took a long time with a couple of black screen periods but it's held OK now for over a week. It must have worked judging by the lack of posting on the subject.

I did the "empty my box" trick and it held for one day! I reset it the first time but ignored it the second time and lo and behold it started resetting itself. It took a long time with a couple of black screen periods but it's held OK now for over a week. It must have worked judging by the lack of posting on the subject.
CLEARMYBOX