HR20 RF Remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
Anyone out there actually using the alleged RF remote capability (is it real?) of the HR20?

I don't have one yet and when I looked at the back panel, I did not see any RF antenna input, so I was wondering if the box just receives the RF signal internally, has a blaster adapter, or if the RF capability is one of those alleged capabilities which is supposed to be added later, like the supposed OTA tuning capability?

How does it work?

Thanks.

I haven't tried it on my HR20 (Which is currently dead) but it worked great on my H20. I would put on XM go sit on the patio and change channels with no problem.

Using RF remote on HR20, works just fine, the ant. is internal, just follow direction in remote setup for RF is all you have to do.

Does anyone know if the HR20 and H20 use different types of remote frequencies?

I have had the H20 set up using RF, so that I could change the channel in the next room. At the same time, I was able to use my harmony 880 (IR) remote in the main room. I could use either type of remote, with this H20 reciever.

I have added the HR20 in the same cabinet. However when I set it up to use RF, it will not respond to the harmony IR commands (I programmed it for the HR20). It does unfortunately change the H20 reciever???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I was considering installing a second HR20 in the same cabinet, can 2 sets be programmed on differenct RF / IR frequencies?

Hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks.

The remote control systems for the H20 and the HR20 are identical. You can only use EITHER IR or RF, not both together.

You can set up your system so the two use different frequencies so you can control two boxes, I don't have my manual to hand so maybe someone can post the instructions for this!

I have had the H20 set up using RF, so that I could change the channel in the next room. At the same time, I was able to use my harmony 880 (IR) remote in the main room. I could use either type of remote, with this H20 reciever.

I have added the HR20 in the same cabinet. However when I set it up to use RF, it will not respond to the harmony IR commands (I programmed it for the HR20). It does unfortunately change the H20 reciever???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I was considering installing a second HR20 in the same cabinet, can 2 sets be programmed on differenct RF / IR frequencies?

I have the same situation, but I will be using the RF32 remotes, have not figured out how to do it yet.

Can your harmony do RF ?
If so you may be able to set them up seperatley.

The D* remote is set when you go thru the on screen guide.

Make sure you have the RF remote, there were remotes that looked mostly identical but did not do RF.
The RC 24 is RF capable, the identical looking one is the DTVR, it has 1 less button on the top left, I think there is no Format button.

Jimbo

No, the H20 needs an external antenna and no-one seems know where you can get these...the HR20 antenna is internal....

No, the H20 needs an external antenna and no-one seems know where you can get these...the HR20 antenna is internal....

Ya when I needed one, D* told me I could pick one up anywhere, like Radio Shack or ABC Warehouse or CC or BB and no one had anyything like that.
Fortunatly,I had an old Sony HD -100 I was not using and took the one from that and it worked great.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)