Saturday, January 8, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
High Risk

New features
Enhanced Channel Banner!

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.
Keyword search UTUB3ON is required for YouTube.
It can take up to 2 hours to enable YouTube and Trailers functionality after running the keyword searches.

Updating my "new" (refurb) hr21-700 to 046B. Was reeeeeeeaaaaalllllly hoping D* would be extra nice and ship me something a little newer than this thing to replace my now busted hr21-200. So much for that idea.

One off topic question for you guys in the know. I was using an EHD, are all my shows toast? The CSR said no, but I am assuming she was "un-informed" to say the politest thing I can think of. When I plugged my EHD into the new box, it tells me all my shows are either corrupted or failed to record, or something like that. Am I totally hosed, as I had 75% or a 1tb drive full of movies.

PmCode

Your movies are toast. All recordings are encrypted so that only the dvr that recorded them can play them.

CSRs are not engineers or techs, so they likely would not or really should not be expected to know; BUT should say I am not sure and can find out or transfer you to our techs.

You say they shipped you a new receiver. The recordings on the hard drive are locked to the receiver they were recorded on. If you move the drive to a different receiver (or a receiver is replaced) it will format the drive upon bootup. If it doesn't format the drive, it will show the recordings but will not play them, which leaves you needing to do a reboot and erase to format the drive so you can use it again.

If you didn't or couldn't download this release (like me) and wonder what the channel banner changes are here is a pic from a member at dbstalk that downloaded it:

attachment.php

If you move the drive to a different receiver (or a receiver is replaced) it will format the drive upon bootup. If it doesn't format the drive, it will show the recordings but will not play them, which leaves you needing to do a reboot and erase to format the drive so you can use it again.

I thought it would format the drive, too, but it didn't. So then, I need to erase all the shows one at a time? Is there no way to format the drive from within the system? I really don't want to have to break open the case to attach it to my pc to format it.

I thought it would format the drive, too, but it didn't. So then, I need to erase all the shows one at a time? Is there no way to format the drive from within the system? I really don't want to have to break open the case to attach it to my pc to format it.

Are you sure your looking at the EHD and not the internal one ?
Can you see any shows on your EHD ? If so, try playing one.

Let us know what you discover.

If you didn't or couldn't download this release (like me) and wonder what the channel banner changes are here is a pic from a member at dbstalk that downloaded it:

attachment.php

I couldn't get to the link so I added a pic from my iffy cell phone camera .

Attachments

• IMG00108-20110108-1301.jpg
    IMG00108-20110108-1301.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 264
Are you sure your looking at the EHD and not the internal one ?
Can you see any shows on your EHD ? If so, try playing one.

Let us know what you discover.

The replacement is blank, I booted it first without the EHD plugged in, and of course, there were no shows on it. I then shut it down (after getting done with the CSR activating the replacement) and plugged in the EHD. It comes up with all my shows, but when I tried to play them it says

"All or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time. Please wait while we scan the recording for viewable content."

If I back out of that, in the preview window (at the playlist listing screen) it says "Searching for authorized content".

After doing the CE last night, most of my shows don't even have a Play option, just View Upcoming and Done options. The few that do have Play come up with the same message.

Not sure what I think about the new channels banner. I don't know what use the Last 5 channels selection could have. I feel the look could be better. It's not much better than what we had before although it is a step in the right direction. At least they are trying to change it.

It does look a bit cheesy to me, but the last five shows could come in handy for channel surfing.

I went back to the national release. I had a number of buggy issues on my HR-22. Even though I hate the Sonic tap channels, I am used to surfing through them to check whats playing. This update made it impossible to do this. It also removed the play button on some recordings I had. I'm sure they will figure this out before they national release. I was able to watch the messed up recordings again when I went back to national.
Thats why they call it high risk.

Have not seen any issues with this release on my hr21-200, but I seem to have lost the YouTube searching, I used the keyword search to activate it but still nothing...

This CE is one for the circular file. It wouldn't display a program that was still recording, and only displayed the "Play" option on one of 6 recordings in my Play List. Back to national for me.