HR20 vs HR21 question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Maia1980

Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
PA
I had the HR20 receiver for a long time, and with my Samsung 52in lcdtv(model LN52A850) I would be able to change my HDMI Black level settings between Normal and Low. The HDMI black level setting is on my TV menu. Now that I have the HR21, which I got today to replace the HR20, I can no longer access this option in my tv menu. It does not allow me to change it at all. The only other component that I have that doesn't allow me to change the options is when I play my blu-ray player, but the player gives you these options in its own menu. So, the question that I have is, (1)with the HR21 receiver, is my tv playing with the HDMI level on Normal or Low because I now have no way of telling? (2)Also, could there be an option somewhere on the receiver itself that would be able to tell me? And (3) Which receiver is better overall, the HR20 or the HR21? To anyone who can help me out, I will tell you now that I appreciate it and thanks.

I had the HR20 receiver for a long time, and with my Samsung 52in lcdtv(model LN52A850) I would be able to change my HDMI Black level settings between Normal and Low. The HDMI black level setting is on my TV menu. Now that I have the HR21, which I got today to replace the HR20, I can no longer access this option in my tv menu. It does not allow me to change it at all. The only other component that I have that doesn't allow me to change the options is when I play my blu-ray player, but the player gives you these options in its own menu. So, the question that I have is, (1)with the HR21 receiver, is my tv playing with the HDMI level on Normal or Low because I now have no way of telling? (2)Also, could there be an option somewhere on the receiver itself that would be able to tell me? And (3) Which receiver is better overall, the HR20 or the HR21? To anyone who can help me out, I will tell you now that I appreciate it and thanks.

Was the HR20 connected with the same connection as the HR21 ? HDMI ? or a Component connection on one.
The changing HAS to be done on the TV with the TV controls.
Sometimes when you use a Video input you are blocked out of the controls, could you have used two different inputs, thus causing your problem ?

The connection for both is with HDMI. The new receiver is hooked up with the same HDMI cable as the old one, and it is also connected to the same tv input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts