HR20 vs. HR21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lv2pitch

Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Hadley, MA
Hi.... long time reader & lurker.

One of my two HR20's is starting to fail. DirecTV sent me a replacement, a refurbished HR21. I have read some of the horror stories on here about the HR21. So, I called DirecTV to see if there was anyway I could get an HR24 (we have been with DirecTV 6 years, never paid a bill even a day late) and was shot down repeatedly.

They said the best they could do was get me another HR20 if I liked that better. So, my question is, should I activate the HR21 they sent me, or get another HR20. I have no idea which way to go since I apparently cannot get an HR24 no matter what I try to do.

Any help is appreciated.

If you don't want to purchase a lease for a HR24 then yes HR20 would be the way to go. Forget the HR21.

We have had an HR21 for several years and see no difference between it and the HR20 we also have. I would activate it.

Any specific reasons?
just like most who have had it say. its possibly the slowest HD DVR directv has made in the HR series. if you have no issues waiting for the dvr responding slowly to remote commands then go ahead and activate it. it can be painfully slow at times. HR20 performs better. HR21-23 are very slow. HR24 is the best right now. again, if this isn't going to be an issue for you then go ahead :). it was for me and many others on this forum.

Hi.... long time reader & lurker.

One of my two HR20's is starting to fail. DirecTV sent me a replacement, a refurbished HR21. I have read some of the horror stories on here about the HR21. So, I called DirecTV to see if there was anyway I could get an HR24 (we have been with DirecTV 6 years, never paid a bill even a day late) and was shot down repeatedly.

They said the best they could do was get me another HR20 if I liked that better. So, my question is, should I activate the HR21 they sent me, or get another HR20. I have no idea which way to go since I apparently cannot get an HR24 no matter what I try to do.

Any help is appreciated.
Since you can't get the HR24, I'd call and get the HR20. Afterall, you need its OTA tuner, right? :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)