HR20 with non-HD setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

juancholopez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Hi. I am saving to upgrade my tv to HD, but it will take me some time. If I buy an HR20 could I use it to watch the standard definition channels in the meantime using the old 18" round dish? or is it necessary for the HR20 to work to use one of the newer HD dishes? Can the program guide and the software updates be downloaded from the 101 satellite? Thanks for any input.

Hi. I am saving to upgrade my tv to HD, but it will take me some time. If I buy an HR20 could I use it to watch the standard definition channels in the meantime using the old 18" round dish? or is it necessary for the HR20 to work to use one of the newer HD dishes? Can the program guide and the software updates be downloaded from the 101 satellite? Thanks for any input.

The HR20 will work fine with the 18" dish. As you already know, there is not much hd available on 101. WCBS, WNBC, and KCBS are in hd, along with some EI games.

Yea, it should work with the 18" dish but you can get the 5 LNB installed for free when you get the HR20. Get that new dish and then you'll be all set when you get your HDTV.

Plus you will be able to tune into HD channels and it will downconvert to SD for you so you could watch HD only stations like HDNet and Universal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts