Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Tonight I went to hook up my HR20 to a friends 3dtv to check it out, but when we connect it, theres a message that says this program can not be viewed because this reciver is not 3d capable. WTF!

This has me even more irritated as I cant even get anything other than an hr20 right now as the RSP has referbs in. D* is suppost to be sending me a replacement HD DVR's for this...

Anyone know why Directv would hand out equipment that isnt cutting edge like they say it is.. Kind of bogus and smells just as bad as my original installer did! :up

Here we go. This will be the first of many threads complaining about Direct. :p

Just giving you a hard time.

Seriously, the HR20 is the only modern DVR by Direct that does not support 3D. They will upgrade you to a 21-24, but keep in mind they do not have enough 24's to go to everyone that request one.

As much as I too would like a 24 and have requested one, I also understand that they are limited and if they were to never refurbish older receivers/DVRs, it would add additional cost to Direct which they would have to recoup in some other way.

OMG on this topic and quote... Give me a break!

"Anyone know why Directv would hand out equipment that isnt cutting edge like they say it is.. Kind of bogus and smells just as bad as my original installer did! "

I read somewhere that anyone who wants 3D programming would be able to exchange Their HR20 for another DVR. Is that not correct?

I read somewhere that anyone who wants 3D programming would be able to exchange Their HR20 for another DVR. Is that not correct?

I believe that is the case. As long as the exchange is free (which I think it is) I don't think this is that big of a deal. However, D* should be a little more proactive on this. When people order service, one of the questions that should be asked is do you have a 3DTV or plan on getting one in the near future. If so then the CSR can make a note that the customer has to have a HR21 or higher.

I thought this had been announced over and over again. I've seen many threads here discussing this issue.

I hadent of seen it and its not stickied anywhere. I dont have the time to go trolling through the internet for information, it was easyer to post here.

Here we go. This will be the first of many threads complaining about Direct. :p

Nahh, Not at all. Its a legitimate concern. I paid for my reciver upgrades and expect to get what every other new coustomer gets. That was apart of the win back deal. If directv cant keep up with demand for the new stuff that's not my problem.. They just need to stop handing out old equipment that doesnt do what directv promises it could do. Look at thier website, the dvr's that are on there look nothing like what is being handed out in some parts of the country. That's an issue. Especally when a coustomer is expecting a black slick looking DVR and gets a referbished, grey looking peace of crap that cant even do 3D!.

I dont get all these people that bitch about a thread..How about not reading it if it bothers you that much..To many chiefs around here. STFU and pass it by if you dont like the title sheesh. its getting as bad around here as that other place as far as people jumping peoples crap all the time. WHO CARES PEOPLE!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)