HR21 -200 & -700 (HD-DVR) CE Release 2/1 & 2/2 ver: 0x1F8

'iwantmyvod' has not been active in the software for months, many months.

You probally were activated in their billing system for on demand access. The backend process can take hours or several days, just depends on when they run it.

Anyone else wanting vod, make sure to download latest CE, have your receiver connected to network, andverify it works in the system test 'connects to internet'

I don't know what happened but this last download really messed things up. If I try playing a video off my computer, that worked before, all that happens is I get a black screen (after the title banner on top goes away). If I press play the bar at the bottom shows the cursor at the end of the time line with a count that just keeps increasing. The only controls that work are play and pause. Cannot stop, rewind, skip fast forward or anything.

As the other functions. Pictures show up as tiles but will not "play". Music plays but cannot stop it. If I try it locks things up and I have to reboot the HR21.

I even tried to use another computer on my network and the HR21 did the same thing. Everything else worked ok until I downloaded this last CE. Oh and NO VOD yet.

I tried using the following with the exact same results. TVersity, ORB and WMP 11. The Wii worked fine on the same connection with Tversity and ORB so it is not the computer.

Last edited:
somebody said it's been like that for a while but that channel is not in HD with DTV. It has to do with the guide info coming from tribune or something like that.

Anybody else noticing that channel 307 wgn on directv all say hd in the guide but they are not.

Video ALMOST on Demand

Since the new upgrade my VOD wont' play the video until it's finished uploading it. Major drawback from last version where it would start playing right away.

HR-21 CE 0x1F8 Media Share

I can see the media on my computer. When I try to play a video the screen goes black and does not play the video. I the cannot get back to TV. I can pull up the menu look at the other media types but I connot get back to TV. I had to reset.

Still no VOD on HR-21 network connected for last 2 weeks.

In order to get the latest CE for the HR21-700, did I need to download during the weekend window? I just did a reset & forced download today (Tuesday) and it downloaded something and when the unit came back online, none of the new features were there (DoD, 30 Sec Skip & others). What's my problem? The software version listed in the setup screen shows 0193 with a Jan 11 2008 date which was the date of my initial installation. Any suggestions?

Yes, CE software is ONLY available during the announced windows, usually Fri/Sat 11PM to 2:30AM. If you do a forced download anyother time you'll get the national release of the software.

Thanks Rad. So will what I'm looking for be available this weekend again or will that CE be something totally different? Are the CE's cumulative? Thanks again.

Thanks Rad. So will what I'm looking for be available this weekend again or will that CE be something totally different? Are the CE's cumulative? Thanks again.
You'll need to monitor the CE section here to see what will be available and when. There is no guarentee that there will be a CE every weekend and what boxes would be included. The CE's will be new when they are released, not the prior CE and include what was in the prior releases.

New to the forum and have a question. I have an HR21-700 which I purchased about 2 weeks ago. I have no DoD yet and just get a thump when I tune to ch 1000. I am hooked to the Internet and everything shows OK and connected. How do I get a CE download and what do I have to do? Thanks. And sorry if this has been gone over somewhere else.

Me again. After browsing this awesome site I found my answer. Man, the info here astounds me! Thanks to ALL!

Question in new CE 2/1 2/2

Hi all i'm new to this so please be kind I am wondering i know the CE came out for HR21-700 on 2/1 and 2/2 I was wondering if this Friday night after 11pm east if i force a down load will i still get this new software version that was on 2/1 and 2/2 or do i need to wait for a new version and do it only on the date its coming out?

Thanks