hr21-700 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putterboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Greetings, After deciding to go with hd dvr(got a good price) I have had problems with 2 different units in 2 week period-both hr20's. So today,another tech comes out and decides to replace the unit. The replacement, he explains, is a newer model, which turns out to be the hr21-7oo. Install goes smooth,everything seems fine and he leaves. Later check menu and no ota locals show up-no problem-go into set-up-no choice for sat/antenna set up. Not there-:( Look behind the receiver and find the antenna line not connected. OK-I will hook it back-WHOA !! NO INPUT! Long story short, the hr21 has no off air tuner, tech never mentioned it-not sure even even knew. Just a F.Y.I.- this info is probably posted here somewhere- now waiting for a return by tech to give me another hr20. Obviously not a problem for folks with locals in HD, but a big problem for those of us who don't- take care

dvr part 2

OK, I know I missed that other post on the same subject!! Anyway, tech returns, said he didn't know the hr21 didn't have off air input-1st one he's installed. Calls the office, no more hr20's in stock, can bring one out if they get some. I say no thanks, take the hr21 back, I will go back to my h20. He makes another call, shazzam!!! the have one. Tech leaves, returns with a hr20. The first 2 hours have been flawless!! 4dvr's in 15 days-hope this is the end. Yeah, I know, wishfull thinking. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)