HR21-700 slow to respond to remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ipodbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
missouri
I had the HR21 installed on Thursday. I would estimate that the unit only responds to 1 in 4 commands from the remote. I have replace the batteries but that made no difference. Is there a fix for this?

The remote is RC64

Last edited:
I've had the same issues, especially when I had it connected to my home network. I've unplugged the network and re-booted, never to plug the network in again. Also, when I called to complain about various issues including OTA this weekend - D* said they are not replacing or swapping units now, that the units are in some debugging/patching limbo and I have to wait till resolved. nice. I did ask for compensation, which they said they'd note and get back to me when they resolve. gee, thanks.

I don't understand why anyone would want the HR-21 since you can't get OTA locals with it.

Probably someone who doesn't need OTA HD locals b/c they have LiL HD from Directv. And that same someone isn't in a geographical location to receive any OTA broadcasts...like me. I'm more than happy with the HR21-700 after about two weeks of use. It's a better DVR than Tivo with the exception of no dual live buffers. That's just me though.
It's my understanding that HR20's are not available from Directv lease anymore anyway...at least not here in northern NV.
Chuck

My H21 says "searching for satellite" on the local channels, my H20 never had this problem. Any answers??

I use satellite for locals

Last edited:
sh@$, Not around VA.

Would you like me to send you one ?

fwiw, in receint weeks, it seems that my remote for my HR20-700 is very slow to respond to commands, checked batteries and no difference. however, this is not the same trouble you guys are talking about.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)