HR21-700 video playback issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RobL

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Is anyone experiencing this: Occassionally I run into a bad spot during playback of recorded HD. It starts as some pixelization, becomes pretty bad, then appears to lock up. If I hit 30 skip once or twice it usually goes beyond the bad spot and continues OK for the rest of the show. I have noticed this from several HD channels. Only during playback... live video is fine. Signal seems OK... it is not the same pixelization as you see with a weak signal . Very strange.

I am at release 0x206, with a HR21-700.

The other major issues I have with this release are 1) about a 5 or 10 second delay in audio starting when tuning an HD channel. and 2) occasionally the guide goes into super-sluggish mode. takes 10 seconds to step from one channel to the next.

I am hoping all this is just related to the release... and a future release will clear them up. I have tried rebooting a few times... has not fixed any of this.

Yep, I am having the same problems at times, more so with the audio, especially when I am done fast forwarding through the commericals and then have to wait ten to fifteen seconds for the audio to come back on, ANNOYING....I am noticing the audio problem sometimes happens on the SD channels as well....

Same thing here on two HR21's. I have signals in the high 90's to 100 but getting audio dropouts and delays when fast forwarding. Also get audio blinking on live shows where audio flashes on and off repeatedly. hitting REW for a second seems to clear it up, and it does not show as such on recordings, only live. Still very anoying

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts