hr21-700 vs hr24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

swzine

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
GA
Hey guys. I'm a new customer and already disappointed. The biggest reason i switched to DirecTv was information I read about the 24 series. Of course after ordering I read that you might not get the specific box. And I didn't - I got the H21 and HR21-700. I'm really annoyed because the website really only talks about and shows pictures of the 24 series. I ordered directly from their website. They claim all of this cutting edge technology BS and as a new customer I get their technology from a year or two ago. The H21 is even a little dented like it had been opened or dropped. They better not try to charge me for that when I return it!

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I did some searching and didn't see a specific comparison. What are the biggest differences between the 2 units? Just wondering if i should be disappointed or not.

First of all, I'm well aware of the built in networking vs the DECA boxes. I'm wondering if there is any hard drive capacity differences and how I can check the capacity of my hR21-700. Also, I thought I read the 24 series is a little faster. The menus load so slow on these 21s.

I'm still not sure if I'm happier with Satellite over cable. There are things I like better about each platform. Satellite probably has more pros than cons. The customer service people at Directv are pretty rude though. I read they have number one satisfaction, which is crazy! They might be as bad as Comcast! Yes, they ACT politely, but their attitude and policies really seem like they could care less about customer satisfaction. That's the problem with ETF's I guess. It's overall still better for me since the promotions make satellite less than cable for the next year, and my service was somewhat unreliable with the little local cable company in my area (somehow there is a municipal cable company still alive!). I've had cable all of my life and this is my first step into satellite. The whole house DVR, extra capacity and the general stuff I read about the 24 series finally sold me. I've considered every year or two but until now cable always seemed to win my cost, pros, and cons list. Moving to an area with a municpal cable company was the last straw!

Sorry guys. This is a repost. IE crashed on me and I didn't think my post went through the other day! I'm off to a great start with the forum! ;) It won't let me edit - maybe since I'm a newbie on here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)