technical questions about hooking up 2nd room??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

soccer918843

Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
NY
ok i have a dvr in my living room hooked up on av components. I wanna use the out to tv port to run a tv in my bedroom that i wall fished.
I also have an antenna hooked up to my tv with a dedicated line i plan on using diplexrs to get my antenna to work on my bedroom tv on one line. My question is if i buy an am21 for local channels on my guide for the antenna can i hook it up so it will put them on my living room and bedroom tv so can i hook it up coax out and av components?
Thanks guys

The AM21 only works with HD receivers, which don't have a coax out. You could use a modulator to do what you want, however. All of the outputs are available simultaneously. All outputs will have the same aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3), which might be an issue.

i cant believe they dont have any thing to put local channels on ur guide in markets where locals are not accessible through satellite.
so what does a modulator do? cant i just go out on the out to tv port on the dvr?
Thanks guys

Put all thoughts of a diplexer out of your mind. You may be able to use a splitter/combiner.

The issue is that the R16 puts out an analog signal and the OTA broadcasts are digital. Some televisions don't automatically deal with switching between the two modes and that can be very frustrating.

so what does a modulator do? cant i just go out on the out to tv port on the dvr?
Thanks guys
The DVR doesn't have an RF output to connect to the TV for viewing on ch 3 or 4 (like a VCR has). The modulator will create this RF using the composite output from the DVR. Now, if the R16 does have an RF output, then ignore what I just said.

Status
Please reply by conversation.