HR21-700 0x0229
HR21-200 0x0229
HR21-100 0x0229

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 11, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 12, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 02 - Fixed search by title lockup
  • 02 - Fixed deleting on Stop & Delete OSD deletes all partial recordings of current program
  • 02 - Fixed stopping a currently recording series deletes series from prioritizer
  • 02 - Fixed Prioritizer link inside a new Series link points to the top show in the Prioritizer instead of the new show
  • 02 - Stability
  • 02 - Improved Mediashare browsing
  • 02 - Improved Mediashare stability
  • 02 - Boolean keyword search restored

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASE:
  • 01 - Improvements to GameSearch
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Miscellaneous UI
  • 01 - MediaShare
  • 01 - Guide is not cached from previous version
  • 01 - Boolean keyword search removed - check any recordings you setup to use this feature

Last edited:
01 - Guide is not cached from previous version

What exactly does this mean??

Has anyone heard if this version will fix the DD issues with some ppl that have yamaha recievers?

Screen Saver on playback

I downloaded the update last night. Was playing a program via Mediashare and TVersity. After about 15 minutes the floating DTV logo appears. I have to press one of the keys on the remote to bring back the screen. The audio does continue during the screensaver.

Any fix?

Interesting. The download hung at 90% for a LONG time. . .maybe 7 to 10 minutes, then came alive and jumped to 97%.

I think I missed the window.... it says new software found (0229).

Does 5 min. make a difference?
It's not like it's rocket science... Or is it!

Somehow, sarcasm does not translate into type......

Hopefully they (the programmers) will fix my dolby digital problems.....

Install went OK for my HR21-200. Performance seems OK too, but I don't use the features that were touched by this patch. At least nothing is broken, anyway, that I can tell.

I think I missed the window.... it says new software found (0229).

Does 5 min. make a difference?
It's not like it's rocket science... Or is it!

Somehow, sarcasm does not translate into type......

Hopefully they (the programmers) will fix my dolby digital problems.....

The 0229 is correct - the new version.

The shutoff of the CE window is automated.
The allow a few extra minutes, because if you are downloading when they make the switch it will probably cause the receiver to hang and require a red button reset.

Lockups requiring red button re-boot

I downloaded 0229 early in the Friday window. HR21-700 has frozen twice now (in 48 hours). The currently playing station continues OK, but the receiver will not accept remote control commands, and none of the buttons on the front of the box work (except the red one). In my experience, this has not happened before this software version. I don't think any recording was being done on the second tuner in either occurance. For sure, there was no VoD recording being done, or media share activity at the time of the lockups.

Wish I'd missed this past download, the previous version seemed to work pretty well. 5 more cold boots is going to get pretty annoying by the time the next window opens.

Rich Miller

:(I downloaded 0229 Friday night. My HD700 locks-up at time when changing channels. But if I just let it set for a few minutes it corrects itself. Driving my wife crazy.

:(I downloaded 0229 Friday night. My HD700 locks-up at time when changing channels. But if I just let it set for a few minutes it corrects itself. Driving my wife crazy.

Mine did this a few times while watching the Masters this weekend. The box would be unresponsive for about 20 seconds and start working again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)