HR21-700
HR21-200
HR21-100

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 18, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 19, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 03 - Recording issues with "Delete because of it's recording permissions"
    [*]03 - Stability
    [*]03 - Improved digital audio output support

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASE:
  • 01 - Improvements to GameSearch
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Miscellaneous UI
  • 01 - MediaShare
  • 01 - Guide is not cached from previous version
  • 01 - Boolean keyword search removed - check any recordings you setup to use this feature
  • 02 - Fixed search by title lockup
  • 02 - Fixed deleting on Stop & Delete OSD deletes all partial recordings of current program
  • 02 - Fixed stopping a currently recording series deletes series from prioritizer
  • 02 - Fixed Prioritizer link inside a new Series link points to the top show in the Prioritizer instead of the new show
  • 02 - Stability
  • 02 - Improved Mediashare browsing
  • 02 - Improved Mediashare stability
  • 02 - Boolean keyword search restored

Is there any way to force a download froma remote location?
I am traveling this weekend.....

As long as you have a line of sight, you should be able to download it without issue.

I think he meant HE is in a remote location but the receiver is at his home. Since you have to manually reboot the receiver, I doubt you can get trigger the CE release download without being present.

Performance on my HR21-200 with the new software is flawless so far. Haven't tried playing back a recording, but will provide an update later.

I'm especially anxious to hear feedback from the guys that have had audio trouble for the past month or so. Hopefully this release will help.

I'm especially anxious to hear feedback from the guys that have had audio trouble for the past month or so. Hopefully this release will help.

Uggh... I Wish I could tell you......
Hopefully the guy with the yamaha receiver can let us know..(his name escapes me)....

If this CE fixes the audio problems when can we expect a national release?

I was playing a folder of about 30 episodes of "I Love Lucy" this morning and after the transition of the first episode to the second, the audio was off by about 5 seconds. After hitting the skip ff button, the audio returned to normal.

I tested playback on a recording that I'd done before the software update. The audio problem still existed, BUT I don't know whether that's simply part of the recording itself. A good test will be to record a new show and then watch it. I'll try that and report back.

Uggh... I Wish I could tell you......
Hopefully the guy with the yamaha receiver can let us know..(his name escapes me)....

If this CE fixes the audio problems when can we expect a national release?

I had the problem on a Sherwood receiver and it seems to have been fixed.

That is GREAT news.....Thanks Michael! Sounds like they are on the right track!

rtdreep - let us know if it happens on a new recording. If it does, can you give some more indepth info about the issue, your receiver, hookups, audio receiver, etc.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems like the video quality went down with this latest version. Don't notice any improvement at all on the HR21-700.

The digital output - both coax and optical - are confirmed to work with my Yamaha DSP-A1 with this release. It's great to have it back.

With this CE release sometimes when I pause a show/movie then I play it again it plays with no audio, I have to pause it again and hit play and audio will come back. It happens with recordings or live shows. I don't know if this is happening to someone else?
I have an HR21-700, I'm using HDMI in one TV and component in another and is the same issue.

With this CE release sometimes when I pause a show/movie then I play it again it plays with no audio, I have to pause it again and hit play and audio will come back. It happens with recordings or live shows. I don't know if this is happening to someone else?
I have an HR21-700, I'm using HDMI in one TV and component in another and is the same issue.

ARMRH, I'm not able to reproduce the pause/unpause, no-audio behavior you're experiencing. Whenever I pause, and unpause, the audio is ok.

I'd like to note, however, that I'm not using HDMI. HDMI has been problematic with my 42" plasma and I quit using HDMI back with I had my H20 (not HR20). But you're seeing this problem on the HR21 that is using the component connection so I'm not sure what's going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts