Systems in this CE / Version
HR21-100
HR21-200
HR21-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Tuesday, April 1, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 04 - IRD locking onto incorrect resolution on channel change
  • 04 - Stability

Changes from Previous Releases:
  • [strike]01 - 1xFF performance and appearance
    [/strike]
  • 01 - Guide scrolling performance
  • 01 - GameSearch avoids partial recordings while searching for games
  • 01 - Stability improvements
  • 01 - Supports the AM21, DIRECTV's external ATSC tuner
  • 01 - Autorecords with Boolean Search logical operators appear in TODO list
  • 01 - Channel up and down updates the selected item in the Prioritizer
  • 01 - Playlist new displays the recording date
  • [strike]02 - Smoother 1xFF on HR21[/strike]
  • 02 - Detection of second tuner
  • 02 - UI polishing/fixes
  • 02 - DIRECTV Mediashare (many)
  • 02 - Stability
  • 02 - Elimination of rare cases of gray screen
  • 02 - Increase to the number of actors presented in the INFO
  • 02 - Audio (robustness against dropouts on certain setups)
  • 03 - Added new text strings for network errors
  • 03 - Stability
  • 03 - Audio going from LiveTV to review buffer
  • 03 - Resolution change in native when moving from LiveTV to review buffer
  • 03 - Removed conflict icon for VOD recordings
  • 03 - Thumbnails in MediaShare
  • 03 - guide scrolling performance
  • 02/03 - Your guide data will NOT be cached.

Last edited:
Important update - and one night only. A mid-week update is very rare and must be improtant! Confirmed with directv that this NOT a joke.

new to D*,have the newest hr21 available(no ota)so is this downlaod 100% automatic,or can I take measures to increase the chances the download "takes"?
I have read the post on forcing one but want to avoid the hassle.

new to D*,have the newest hr21 available(no ota)so is this downlaod 100% automatic,or can I take measures to increase the chances the download "takes"?
I have read the post on forcing one but want to avoid the hassle.

CE releases have to be forced during the special window. This is the only way to get it besides waiting for the national release to happen at a much later date.

Hey guys...This is the first post I've had. The info from this sight is always incredible and I'm proud to be a member. I too am new to D* from E*, there is alot more of us these days.

When you are forcing the download, how do you know what version you are downloading and what version you currently have?

Hey guys...This is the first post I've had. The info from this sight is always incredible and I'm proud to be a member. I too am new to D* from E*, there is alot more of us these days.

When you are forcing the download, how do you know what version you are downloading and what version you currently have?
==========
:welcome Press "Menu" button, use following path:
Parenental Fav's & Setup/System setup/Info & test (select)....this will show various data of your receiver, including version of software you are using...
when forcing a download of a new C/E, the download screen will tell you
"new software" found msg. and give the version nbr. ALWAYS verify that it is
a newer version....if it appears to be a version you already have, be aware you have until the progress bar reaches 90% finished to interrupt the d/l by doing a red button reset button press.

Well I am also new to D* from E* and ran the update on both of my receivers which appears to have worked successfully.

My question is also regarding software updates. I have the HR21-100 and the HR21-100 DVR.
I notice when I go to the settings and Info&Test on the setup screen it shows the following:

Software

Original Version: 0X4016
Past Upgrade: 0X4062
Future Upgrade: Not Scheduled

This is for the HR21-100 receiver without DVR

So I assume the past upgrade showing a higher number is the new software? Also do I need to do anything for the future upgrade area or just follow the CE forum for updates?

Thanks for any assistance.

Well I am also new to D* from E* and ran the update on both of my receivers which appears to have worked successfully.

My question is also regarding software updates. I have the HR21-100 and the HR21-100 DVR.
I notice when I go to the settings and Info&Test on the setup screen it shows the following:

Software

Original Version: 0X4016
Past Upgrade: 0X4062
Future Upgrade: Not Scheduled

This is for the HR21-100 receiver without DVR

So I assume the past upgrade showing a higher number is the new software? Also do I need to do anything for the future upgrade area or just follow the CE forum for updates?

Thanks for any assistance.

If you ran the update already you did not get it. The download window is from 11PM EDT tonight until 2:30AM EDT.

FYI the non-DVR version is the H21 so the update does not apply to that receiver.

If you ran the update already you did not get it. The download window is from 11PM EDT tonight until 2:30AM EDT.

FYI the non-DVR version is the H21 so the update does not apply to that receiver.

Thanks for your help I will try the update on my HR21 dvr during the window tonight.

Thanks for your help I will try the update on my HR21 dvr during the window tonight.

No problem. They purposefully put the updates during the late hours since they don't want the average joe accidental downloading it and having issues as the CSR's and phone techs will not know anything about the CE. Please remember that if you experience any issues from it to post them here.

==========
:welcome Press "Menu" button, use following path:
Parenental Fav's & Setup/System setup/Info & test (select)....this will show various data of your receiver, including version of software you are using...
when forcing a download of a new C/E, the download screen will tell you
"new software" found msg. and give the version nbr. ALWAYS verify that it is
a newer version....if it appears to be a version you already have, be aware you have until the progress bar reaches 90% finished to interrupt the d/l by doing a red button reset button press.

Thanks moonman. Great info as always!!

Icelite,
You basically downloaded the version that was already on the machine, No damage done, however, if you are planning to continue with the CE's, after you have d/l ed a CE, IF you decide to force another update outside of the window (like you did earlier) it will move you back to the latest "National Release" (NR)
The NR is the version that the rest of the world is on.... eventually everyone gets the CE after D* has time to see what effect it had on our boxes and they tweak it for the mass population.

Jimbo

Hey, after the download, all it says is 'April Fools' ;)

No, just kidding. I'm still downloading it.

EDIT:
Ok, I'm running it now. My initial thoughts...
1) The guide is a bit faster.
2) Audio issues seemed to have improved, but I did notice a drop out already
3) Improved graphics during the reboot.

I haven't played with a lot of things yet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)