Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My PS3 will allow movies/music to be streamed to it from any media player. I've noticed my 2 HR21s show up on my PS3. I can see the folders for the shows I record but cannot see any of the shows listed.

Is there a setting I need to enable so that I can view my recordings on my PS3 from the HR21s or is this not available yet?

I saw it the other day and started getting excited when I saw my show's folders, but got disappointed when I saw none of the shows available. :)

It would be the answer to viewing content on other DVRs that I wish we had now.

The reason you see recordings as unsupported data is b/c the PS3 does not support playback of mpeg4 files. I know it can do avi & possibly divx. Would be neat if they did make it possible though.

I don't see why it's not a possibility. It's not like you can take a recording of the file from the PS3, as it just streams it.

Yes I know that blu-ray is mpeg4 and dvd is mpeg2. We are talking about streamed sources not a disc.

Yes I know that blu-ray is mpeg4 and dvd is mpeg2. We are talking about streamed sources not a disc.

The codecs are built into the unit. They aren't on the disc's

From this link

In terms of video files, MediaLink can share and/or stream all of the PS3’s currently supported formats, including MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, AVI, DivX and Xvid.

There have been reports of some format limitations with certain MPEG4 formats. That's also addressed in the link above.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.