HR21 composite output drops when in standby mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RobL

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
My HR21-700 is connected to my primary TV via HDMI. I send composite RCA and S-Video to an RF-Modulator, then via coax to a 4 output distribution amplifier and out to 4 small TVs throughout the house. Here is my problem: when I power off (enter standby mode) the HR21 the composite output drops. So when the HR21 power is off, the remote TVs do not receive signal.

It is a minor problem... I can work around it... but annoying, since the combined TV/DTV power button shuts off both. It is very strange because it had previously been working OK. The composite output was remaining on in standby on the last channel selected. If you try to bring up the guide or change the channel, the HR21 would power on and comply.

I did some rewiring today, and replaced my distribution amp, then this no-output-while-in-standby problem arose.

Has anyone seen this? I definitely know it was working before, so it must be something simple.

I guess it could have been an update. Though it says the last software update was on 2/9. And I was using this "composite output stays on in standby mode" feature for the past several days since I first tested it. Note that HDMI output did always shut down along with the HR21.

I am using the CE version for HR21... so who knows, perhaps CE enabled it, then took it away.

I can't find anything in settings that would enable or disable the outputs.

I haven't tried a restart today... maybe I will try that later. Sometimes that clears up random problems like this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.