Boxes in lock down mode, can’t access settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jdugan4859

Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
McKinney, TX
I do installs in a retirement community, we use H24-200 boxes for the DVR. The company I work for sent me 35 refurb boxes, but I can’t get into certain menus. The way the boxes came, I think the 2nd runner is disabled for some reason, the boxes we had it was enabled. I had 1 box that let me get into the settings menu to configure satellite settings and the tuners. All of the other boxes, the settings menu doesn’t even show up, like the box is in some sort of lock out menu so residents don’t screw up the settings.

My support team has been no help, and they haven’t been able to get any help from DirectTV, I know there has to be some combination of buttons to push to unlock them, but I can’t find any information on it.

I do installs in a retirement community, we use H24-200 boxes for the DVR. The company I work for sent me 35 refurb boxes, but I can’t get into certain menus. The way the boxes came, I think the 2nd runner is disabled for some reason, the boxes we had it was enabled. I had 1 box that let me get into the settings menu to configure satellite settings and the tuners. All of the other boxes, the settings menu doesn’t even show up, like the box is in some sort of lock out menu so residents don’t screw up the settings.

My support team has been no help, and they haven’t been able to get any help from DirectTV, I know there has to be some combination of buttons to push to unlock them, but I can’t find any information on it.

Try starting it up without the coax connected. I haven't seen this particular issue, but I've found that sometimes things work better if the receiver can't download that initial info it gets from the satellite. If you can get to the menu then you can reconnect the coax to run the satellite setup.

Another thing you might try is powering it on with the access card removed, or with the access card from a working one installed. Just in case there is something on the card that tells it to lock down.

Reactions: c-spand and vazhog
You can access the menu by holding down the red button on the remote (not REC) for a few seconds while it says receiving satellite info. This will bring up the settings. Thank me later.

The H24 receivers are likely on the commercial software, which like previously stated, blocks all access to settings. However, once activated on a residential based account or commercial account that allows residential software, the receiver can be reset and on the splash screen press 02468 for the receiver to install the residential software. If the receiver is still activated on the commercial account and/or deactivated, nothing will occur and it will just re-download the commercial software.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts