HR21 screws up for 5th TIME!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I have about had it with the HR21....this morning again while watching the Turkish Grand Prix which we record about an hour of and then start watching when skipping through commercials it went right to the end of the recording!

Its done this 5 times now, 3 times with Formula 1 racing, once with a Wings playoff game, and once with Law & Order...L&O was no big deal, just rewind but the rest makes watching useless.

Anyone else had this happen?

The couple times I've had it happen were self-inflicted so to speak. After going from FF to Play, I've pressed Exit to remove the info from the top of the screen as I always had with my HR10-250. However, it works differently with the HRxx and the exit takes you to live TV and out of the recorded program you're watching.

Normally not a huge deal, but we had one 'bad experience'. Last year we were watching the Super Bowl about 30 minutes behind. I believe the Patriots were up at the time. Out of habit I pressed the exit button to get rid of the info, which took to to live TV at the exact moment the Giants were dumping the Gatorade jug over their coach. Kind of ruined watching the rest of the game (although we did).

I have about had it with the HR21....this morning again while watching the Turkish Grand Prix which we record about an hour of and then start watching when skipping through commercials it went right to the end of the recording!

Its done this 5 times now, 3 times with Formula 1 racing, once with a Wings playoff game, and once with Law & Order...L&O was no big deal, just rewind but the rest makes watching useless.

Anyone else had this happen?

Eric,
Have you tried rebooting the machine yet, that will often solve this problem.

Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Select at the yellow box and wait for it to reboot.

Hopefully this will help you.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)