HR21 & Using HDMI with Media Share

Status
Please reply by conversation.

michaelduke

Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Sorry in advance for the length of this post, but I wanted to include any necessary details. I have searched this forum and have not been able to find an answer to my question at the bottom of this post.

Background:

I'm using WMP11 (media sharing enabled) on my PC and want to share video, music and pictures from my PC with my HR21 and Pioneer Plasma TV. The PC is running Windows XP Professional + SP2.

The PC is in a different room than the HR DVR, HD DVD Player, A/V receiver, speakers & plasma TV. The cable modem and wireless router connected to it is in a 3rd different room of my house and supplies the rest of the house with wireless Internet and secure home network access.

My Setup:

HD DVR - Model DirecTV HR21 output connected to A/V Receiver - Model Onkyo TX-SR605 input via HDMI cable

HD DVD Player – Model Toshiba HDA35 output connected to A/V Receiver - Model Onkyo TX-SR605 input via HDMI cable

A/V Receiver - Model Onkyo TX-SR605 output connected to Pioneer Plasma TV – Model PDP-6010FD input via HDMI cable

Surround Sound speakers in media component room connected to A/V Receiver - Model Onkyo TX-SR605

HD DVR has 5.1 Surround Sound capability
HD DVD Player has up to 7.1 Surround Sound capability
A/V Receiver has 7.1 Surround Sound capability

Internet connection via Comcast Cable Modem, which is connected to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router via Cat5 cable. As stated above the cable modem/router, media components and PC are in 3 separate rooms.

Suffice it to say I do not have a hard wire cable modem connections in the rooms where the PC and media components are located, thus requiring a wireless network setup..

The PC running WMP11 connects to the Internet/home network via its internal wireless PCI card.

The HD DVR & HD DVD Player connects to the Internet/home network via a wireless Ethernet bridge located in the same room as these media components.

My Question:

HDMI cables carry both audio and video content and I have the HD DVR & HD DVD players connected to my A/V receiver via HDMI and the A/V receiver will transmit the digital video to my plasma TV via HDMI and digital audio to my surround speakers via the speaker connections.

I now want to share the video and audio content that I have on my PC running WMP11 with the HD DVR. The HD DVR should be able to wirelessly connect to my PC & home network via the wireless Ethernet bridge that the HD DVR is connected into so music and video files can be accessed.

To make the above scenario work will I need any other hardware or software?

Thanks in advance for your insight and help.

How do you get WMP11 to work? I have that on both my desktop and laptop. They detected my HR20 and I set them up to share media, but I haven't figured out how to send media to the HR20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts