hr22/100 5lnb PROBLEMS SETTING UP !! PLEASE HELP NEWBIE !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sirhc0428

Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Los Angeles
hello first of all ..
ok i'm caught up in tight situation here

my swm lnb went bad a couple days ago and so i switched it to a regular 5lnb i had laying around
i have 1HD DVD RECEIVER and 1 HD Receiver

this is the way i set it up running cables straight the boxes

DVR has 2 coaxials running direct
HDR has 1 Coaxial running direct

after the setups the only one that responded well was my hd box but my dvr box says searching for signal in satellite two 771

please help i've spent the whole day trying to figure this out

Last edited:
You might need B-Band converters for your HD receiver & HD DVR if you've gone back to a 4 cable LNB set up. You have 2 cables running to your DVR,right? Also,your SWM power inserter is disconnected right?

You might need a B-Band converter for your HD receiver if you've gone back to a 4 cable LNB set up.

HR23's don't require BBC's. as for the HD receiver, he said that one was working. What is the signal strength and is it a complete direct shot from LNB to receiver?

in my satellite set up i change it to 20130825_160917.jpg

i'm kind of new in this so is this a b-band converter?20130825_160723.jpg

HR23's don't require BBC's. as for the HD receiver, he said that one was working. What is the signal strength and is it a complete direct shot from LNB to receiver?
You beat me to it about the BBC' s. I was trying to correct myself. Do they have HR 23-100's? I thought it was just HR 23-700.

the picture above it says in the bottom that it does. and the signal stregth i'm guessing is good because my other box is working fine . i can see all the channels and no lag

?What kind of HR DVR do you have? If it is the HR 23,then you don't need the b-Band converter for it. However,if you have the HR 22-100,then yes you do need 2 BBC' s. Just call DIRECTV & explain your situation & they should send them to you for free,or if you still have the box that the HR DVR came in(& it is a HR 22 & not a HR 23),then they should still be in the box.

?What kind of HR DVR do you have? If it is the HR 23,then you don't need the b-Band converter for it. However,if you have the HR 22-100,then yes you do need 2 BBC' s. Just call DIRECTV & explain your situation & they should send them to you for free,or if you still have the box that the HR DVR came in(& it is a HR 22 & not a HR 23),then they should still be in the box.
the box says HR22/100 and the way it was installed before was with this 20130825_163617.jpg but since i don't have the smw i'm guessing i'm not suppose to use this correct ? that's why i was asking if this was a b-band converter 20130825_160723.jpg i called and they don't have anything available to september10

What's inside the box? I'm responding on my Kindle(I don't want to say where,TMI),but that is a band stop filter & not what you need. As soon as I get through with business,I'll migrate to my computer & send you a link to Amazon for the B-Band converters. Hopefully though,you already have them in your box.

Ok.. It's an HR22... IT NEEDS BBC's (B-Band Converters). Dont know why everybody's talking about an HR23.. The Title of the post said HR22.
If your regular HD box is working and it doesnt have a BBC, then it's probably an H23 or, you have it set to the wrong dish type and your not pulling HD channels.
On the HR22, you can set the guide to Hide HD channels, and that should stop the Searching for Satellite messages your getting. Go to Menu, settings and help, settings, display, preferences.. Guide HD Channels. It's probably set to "Hide SD Duplicates".. select on that, then select on "Hide HD Channels".
?Once you have B-Band converters hooked up, change it back to Hide SD duplicates.

OK,I'm at my computer now. This what the B Band Converters looked like that came with my HR22-100 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4VDNYE/?tag=satell01-20 . If you don't have them in the box that your HR22 came in,then if you are an Amazon Prime member,you can order from Amazon & should probably get them this Tuesday. But you have to order from an Amazon Prime seller(which would be Amazon,or a third party through Amazon).

Ok.. It's an HR22... IT NEEDS BBC's (B-Band Converters). Dont know why everybody's talking about an HR23.. The Title of the post said HR22.
If your regular HD box is working and it doesnt have a BBC, then it's probably an H23 or, you have it set to the wrong dish type and your not pulling HD channels.
On the HR22, you can set the guide to Hide HD channels, and that should stop the Searching for Satellite messages your getting. Go to Menu, settings and help, settings, display, preferences.. Guide HD Channels. It's probably set to "Hide SD Duplicates".. select on that, then select on "Hide HD Channels".
?Once you have B-Band converters hooked up, change it back to Hide SD duplicates.

? Original title was HR23,someone corrected it.

Scratch the B-Band converters for the HR 23,it doesn't need them.
?

Where in the first post did you guys determine that he has a HR23 ?
The title says HR22 ...

Never mind, was answered in previous post.

? Refer to above post,now it says HR22. Before it said HR23/100.

Ya, I just got to your post about that same thing at the same time you and I were reposting !

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)